Online Services, SSI

New Wage Reporting Application

October 18, 2017 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: August 2, 2021

person using calculator On September 23, 2017, we released a new wage reporting application behind the my Social Security portal. Now, people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and their representative payees can report wages securely online.

It’s faster and easier than ever before for SSDI beneficiaries and their representative payees to report wages; they can avoid visiting a field office to report their wages in person and they can print or save a receipt of their report.

When you sign up or log in to your my Social Security account, you’ll have access to this application on your desktop, laptop, and mobile device. After you report your wages online, you can save or print a copy of your receipt.

This service will be available for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in the future. SSI recipients should continue to report wages through SSI Mobile Wage Reporting, SSI Telephone Wage Reporting, or by visiting a local field office.

We’re constantly expanding and improving our services to put you in control of your time by providing them when, where, and how you need them. You can learn more about this new wage reporting service here.

Tags: , , , , , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. raymond

    full retirement and my in come as increase what can i do or is it done automatic

  2. eugene l.

    if you are 65 yrs old you have a 401k account and take a cash out withdraw is it counted as wages since you are not working any more (which some of it is going into a ira account which was not rollover because some is taken in cash but not over 16000)

    • Ray F.

      Hello Eugene, if you receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, any additional Income and Resources can affect your monthly SSI benefits.
      If you’re receiving Social Security benefits, we count only the wages you make from your job or your net earnings if you’re self-employed. We include bonuses, commissions, and vacation pay. We don’t count pensions, annuities, investment income, interest, veterans, or other government or military retirement benefits.
      Please call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213 for further assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thanks!

  3. Nancy M.

    When I tried to help my son set up a My Social Security account, a message came up –
    ! We cannot create an account for the SS# you entered.
    For further assistance, please contact us.

    There was no contact information…who do I call/email/text?

    • Ray F.

      Hi Nancy! Your son must be at least 18 years of age and meet the other requirements to be able to create an account. If he is unable to create an account or encounters a problem with “my Social Security account”, he may:
      •Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “helpdesk”; or
      •Contact the local Social Security office.
      We hope this information helps.

  4. Jamie E.

    Do you have a fax number that we could use to fax over copies of pay subs or employment wage reports?

    • Ray F.

      Hi Jamie, if you work and receive disability (SSDI) benefits you can report your wages using your personal my Social Security account. This service is not currently available to people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security retirement benefits. However, if you are receiving SSI, you can still use the automated toll-free SSI Telephone Wage Reporting system or the free SSI Mobile Wage Reporting smartphone app. Thanks!

  5. Joseph I.

    Hi! I have questions about my daughter’s resources account. I am her conservator and just reread the handbook. I believe I have been making a BIG mistake. I need clarification and would prefer to speak to someone on the phone if that is at all possible.
    My cell is 949-922-2408: landline is 714-486-3835

    • Jenna Y.

      Hi Joseph. You will need to make an appointment with your local Social Security office for assistance. You can also call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance. Representatives are available between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday but you will generally have a shorter wait time if you call later in the day. We hope this helps!

  6. Kenneth K.

  7. Kathy M.

    With myself receiving SSD, and being 60 years old was there an increase in my monthly payment. Struggling at this time and no one wants to hire a person that has a disability what is a person supposed to do for extra money.

  8. Edwin M.

    Kindly I take the interest for the pleasure SSN Administration Thanks

  9. Rio

    ___123___New Wage Reporting Application | Social Security Matterss___123___

  10. Yugank K.

Comments are closed.