Online Services, SSI

New Wage Reporting Application

October 18, 2017 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: November 3, 2023

person using calculator On September 23, 2017, we released a new wage reporting application behind the my Social Security portal. Now, people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and their representative payees can report wages securely online.

It’s faster and easier than ever before for SSDI beneficiaries and their representative payees to report wages; they can avoid visiting a field office to report their wages in person and they can print or save a receipt of their report.

When you sign up or log in to your my Social Security account, you’ll have access to this application on your desktop, laptop, and mobile device. After you report your wages online, you can save or print a copy of your receipt.

This service will be available for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in the future. SSI recipients should continue to report wages through SSA Mobile Wage Reporting, SSI Telephone Wage Reporting, or by visiting a local field office.

We’re constantly expanding and improving our services to put you in control of your time by providing them when, where, and how you need them. You can learn more about this new wage reporting service here.

Did you find this Information helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Tags: , , , , , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. Frederick K.

    I’am on my homepage. I do not see a “Report Wages” in the blue hyperlink or a “Submit Paystub Information” site.
    Also, mail from the district office 3216 N Cypress St. Wichita Ks 67226 mails me Frederick “J” Schmidt. My middle name is “Keith”, therefore it should be a “K”.

    Thank you,
    Frederick K Schmidt
    *** – ** – ***

  2. Elissa S.

    I have been entering my wages for a year now and when you upgraded your system it no longer shows my employer. I have reported that to Social Security 3 time and all they say they can do is resubmit my request but the problem is still there. Also I am a new representative later for someone else and would love to submit his stuff on line. Pleases help. Thanks

  3. Erwin M.

    Submit Pay Stub Information link does not work for me. when I click on it, it says “You have no active employers on record at this time. If you have started work with new employers, or have self-employment earnings to report, please contact your local field office or contact us. More Info.” I have reported my earning by going to the office and they can’t give me a solution to the problem and just print the link address for me. I wait for an hour and when I insist on getting help, they brush me off by telling me they are too busy. And when I call they ask me to go to the field office. Frustrating.

  4. Raymond M.

    Does this also apply to W9 income?

  5. joyce H.

    thank you

  6. joyce H.

    I am seventy seven years old and on social security retirement Inhave begun to baby sit a child and mom pays me How doI report this and to whom how do I pay the taxes Mom pYs me $260.00 per month . thank you for all your help I would like to know how to pay the taxes every three months

    • Ray F.

      Hello Joyce. Your question is an income tax question, and you will need to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Their toll-free number is 1-800-829-1040. Thanks!

  7. Deirdre N.

    Thank you for any other informative website. Where else may just I get that kind of information written in such a perfect method? I have a challenge that I’m simply now running on, and I have been at the glance out for such info.

  8. Debbie C.

    I am I’m just trying to find that tax table for when my wages will affect my husband’s SSI why is it so freaking hard to find oh my God it’s giving me a headache thank you can somebody make it simpler I’m listening
    Cordially yours
    Debbie Christian

    • Ray F.

      Hi Debbie, some people have to pay federal income taxes on their Social Security benefits. This usually happens only if you have other substantial income (such as wages, self-employment, interest, dividends and other taxable income that must be reported on your tax return) in addition to your benefits. For further income tax questions, you will need to contact the IRS. Their toll-free number is 1-800-829-1040. Thanks!

  9. Dawn S.

    I report wages and changes for several of our residents.

    Is this application something that I can use for each of them? Or, for just one of them?

    • Ray F.

      Hello Dawn, this applies to people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and their representative payees. Using their own my Social Security account, representative payees can report wages for any beneficiary they represent who works and receives Social Security Disability Insurance benefits.

  10. John C.

    Hello, where is the link to the actual wage reporting for ssdi? the mysocialsecurity portal has no such link. This is very frustrating. thx

Comments are closed.