Online Services, SSI

New Wage Reporting Application

October 18, 2017 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: August 2, 2021

person using calculator On September 23, 2017, we released a new wage reporting application behind the my Social Security portal. Now, people who receive Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits and their representative payees can report wages securely online.

It’s faster and easier than ever before for SSDI beneficiaries and their representative payees to report wages; they can avoid visiting a field office to report their wages in person and they can print or save a receipt of their report.

When you sign up or log in to your my Social Security account, you’ll have access to this application on your desktop, laptop, and mobile device. After you report your wages online, you can save or print a copy of your receipt.

This service will be available for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients in the future. SSI recipients should continue to report wages through SSI Mobile Wage Reporting, SSI Telephone Wage Reporting, or by visiting a local field office.

We’re constantly expanding and improving our services to put you in control of your time by providing them when, where, and how you need them. You can learn more about this new wage reporting service here.

Tags: , , , , , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. Cathy C.

    Need to report my income. Having difficulties with the mygov. page. Called and put on hold over 15 mins.
    my email is

    • Ray F.

      Hi Cathy. Unfortunately, but for security reasons, we do not have access to personal information, therefore, we do not do direct messaging in this venue.
      The site appears to be working, please try again.
      Individuals receiving Social Security disability benefits (SSDI) and their representative payees may use the my Social Security account to report wages online.
      This service is not currently available to people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or Social Security retirement benefits. However, if you are receiving SSI, you can still use the automated toll-free SSI Telephone Wage Reporting system or the free SSI Mobile Wage Reporting smartphone app. We hope this helps!

  2. Derrick M.

    I am 62 years old. Wage reporting is necessary? At what age will I no longer be required to report wages?

  3. Derrick M.

    Will I be able to report wages online without going to the office and waiting in long lines.

  4. PATSY R.


    • Ray F.

      Hi Patsy, we do not have access to personal information in this venue, therefore, we cannot update your records.
      If you get Social Security benefits or are enrolled in Medicare, you can change your address online by using a my Social Security account.
      Please be cautious about posting personal information on social media channels. Thanks!

  5. David S.

    Comment about the 2.4% increase in benefits for 2018:

    The cost for Medicare insurance also increased about $30.00 per month. That means I will receive a grand total of $20.00 increase each month. What a joke!

    Funny that, to my knowledge, nothing has been published about that increase.

  6. Frederick Y.

    I’m having a problem logging on to my social security account every time i try to go to that particular part of the ssa site it locks me out and say’s site unavailable.What do i do?

    • Ray F.

      Hi Frederick, you can speak to a Social Security representative for help with a my Social Security account between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 12:00 midnight Eastern Time, Monday through Friday. Toll-free: 1-800-772-1213 After you hear “Briefly tell me why you are calling,” please say “Help Desk” for help with a my Social Security account.
      Note: Although our regular telephone service representatives are not available after 7 p.m., Monday through Friday, our Help Desk representatives can assist you until 12:00 midnight Eastern Time.
      TTY (for deaf or hard of hearing) 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.: 1-800-325-0778

  7. Geraldine m.

    I just tried to access the information to print off what we need to start this mobile reporting, but got denied because we apparently have an insecure internet, so now not only can I not send in the reports by mail because the blue paper we always use was not returned, but now I don’t have access even though the note said we should be able to do this.
    I am daniels representative payee.

    • Ray F.

      Hi Geraldine, please call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Generally, you will have a shorter wait time if you call later in the week. Thanks.

  8. Kathy K.

    It will not let me set up an account for my son

  9. Betty G.

    im 70,years old was married to my ex for 14 years he is now deaseded ihave remarried i draw 940 ,00 amont [840,oo arter med, care comes out ,even tho ihave remarried can i draw off of the ex ???

  10. Sonia I.

    My work international Christian school part-time 6yrs and my ssa

Comments are closed.