Social Security’s Top 5 Data Privacy ResourcesReading Time: 1 Minute
Last Updated: January 27, 2022
Are you looking for better ways to stay safe online? As you know, Security is in our name. We are committed to protecting your personal information and take this responsibility seriously. We keep this commitment in mind when we collect information from you to carry out our mission.
As we celebrate Data Privacy Week, we are sharing our top five privacy resources:
- A great first resource is opening your personal my Social Security account. Your secure my Social Security account helps you keep track of your earnings records and identify any suspicious activity.
- Our Privacy page is a central source of information on our Privacy Compliance Program. You can learn more about the Privacy Act of 1974, submit a Privacy Act request, and review our privacy policies and reports.
- In our blog post, 10 Ways to Protect Your Personal Information, we cover steps you and your loved ones can take to protect your data.
- Our factsheet, How You Can Help Us Protect Your Social Security Number and Keep Your Information Safe, provides details to safeguard your private information.
- Our Guard Your Card infographic helps you and your loved ones understand when you need to show your Social Security card – and when you do not.
We encourage you to review these resources and partner with us to protect your most important information. Please share these resources with your friends and family – and post them on social media.
Did you find this Information helpful?