National Social Security Month, Online Services

Retire Today with Our Online Services

April 23, 2018 • By

Is retirement knocking at your door? Social Security makes your journey into retirement nice and easy.

You’ve worked hard all your life, and after going down your retirement list, now you’re finally ready to take that step. You checked your Social Security Statement in your my Social Security account and verified your lifetime earnings were posted correctly. You used our Retirement Estimator and determined this is the perfect time to retire. Seems like you’re all set, and we have great news for you. Our online services allow you to retire quickly and in style. You can retire online today in as little as 15 minutes!

Yes, Social Security is putting you in control with secure access to your information anytime, anywhere. During National Social Security Month, take control of your future and see what you can do online.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Comments

1. Brenda Locke

I have set up MyAccount with Social Security. My application for benefits was made in August 2018 – it is currently still “pending”. There is no area in My Account to send a message enquiring about payments. How do I do that? I am expecting SS benefits to begin in January 2019. But I need to know if there is any information or forms etc that need to be completed so there are no delays in the payment. Please let me know to whom I should address my question.

Thank you for contacting us, Brenda. Unfortunately, and because of security reasons, we do not have access to personal records in this blog and cannot assist you.

To inquire about your application, you will have to contact your local office or call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.

2. William Evans

I turn 66 on January 3, 2019 when is the earliest I can apply for these benefits. do in need to wait until January or can I apply now. If wo what website do I need to go to I have an account with your office..

3. Jim Coonce

I will be 70 in November and prefer to begin drawing Social Security at that time. If I apply on line, can I give the month of November as my start date to begin receiving benefits?

Hi, Jim. You will be given the option to select the month you want benefits to begin during the application process. Our system is set up to take applications four months in advance. When you are ready, you can complete the online application for Social Security retirement benefits in as little as 15 minutes here. We hope this helps.

4. Usman G Malek

Can you calculate my Social Security Income on retirement of
    70 years?

• Luis A., Public Affairs Specialist

Hi Usman. Thanks for your question. You can use our online Retirement Estimator to see estimates of your future retirement benefits. You can also create a personal my Social Security account to review estimates of your retirement, disability, and survivors benefits, as well as your earnings record, and the estimated Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid. We hope this helps.

5. Joleen borden

Where do i change my mailing address only on your website? Can you send me a link?

Hi, Joleen. If you are receiving Social Security retirement or disability, you can create a personal my Social Security account to change your address online. If you are receiving Supplemental Security Income, you should contact your local office immediately. We hope this helps.

6. donna mckinney

i cant remember my account password and it wont accept my email address , help me need to get in to apply for retirement. office is closed because virus. called on hold for 3 hours no one answered

Hi Donna. Sorry to hear that you are having difficulties with your my Social Security account. Applying for retirement benefits online does not require a my Social Security account. However, we offer various ways for you to reset your password. See our Frequently Asked Questions web page for more details. Hopefully you’ll be able to access your account soon.

7. ho H le

Hoe i can apply social security retire on line

Hi. Thanks for your question. You can apply for Social Security retirement benefits when you are at least 61 years and 9 months of age. Our system is set up to take applications four months in advance. When you are ready, you can complete the online application for Social Security retirement benefits in as little as 15 minutes. To get started, go here. We hope this helps.

8. ho H le

How can I apply social security retire on line

9. Donna S Mulllins

I have account but I don’t. Now my user name ot password or email can u give it to me pz

Hi Donna, thank you for your question. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to retrieve or change your username or password. We hope this helps.

10. Dave Green

Wow. That’s great! Thank you for sharing, I’ve seen more info at https://is.gd/cfoir4