Your Social Security Statement is now at your fingertipsReading Time: 2 Minutes
Last Updated: August 4, 2021
Have you ever received a Social Security Statement in the mail? You know, the one that shows all the earnings you’ve had each year and how much you could receive per month in Social Security benefits when you retire? The Statement contains crucial information workers need to plan for a comfortable retirement. Now, thanks to my Social Security, this information—and so much more— is only a few minutes away!
Your personal my Social Security account is secure and gives you ready access to your earnings records, Social Security benefit estimates, and printable Statements. Those who already receive benefits can view their payment history, current status, and manage their benefits.
To open a personal my Social Security account, go to our website and select “Create an Account” to get started. You must be 18 years old, have a valid Social Security number, U.S. mailing address (or a military address if deployed overseas), and an email address.
In some cases — like if there was reported credit card fraud under your name or Social Security number — you may have to contact your local Social Security office to open a personal my Social Security account.
Once registered, you can:
- Verify your earnings history.
- View estimated Social Security benefits based on your past earnings.
- View Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid over your lifetime.
- Print your current Social Security Statement.
- Request a replacement Social Security card (in some states).
If you’re currently getting benefits, you can:
- View benefit payment information.
- Change your address and phone number.
- Start or change electronic payments.
- Get a replacement Medicare card.
- Get a replacement 1099 for tax season.
- Get a benefit verification letter.
When you sign up for a personal my Social Security account, we use a secure authentication process to protect the privacy of your identity and your Social Security Statement information. In addition to your unique username and password, you can also further protect your personal my Social Security account with a secure code texted to your phone every time you log in.
Just one more way Social Security strives to provide customers with peace of mind. Learn more at on our website.