Online Services

You Know Where to Find Us (Because We Make It Easy)

January 21, 2016 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: November 6, 2023

you know where to find usFor 80 years, Social Security has been there for you and your family when you need us most. And, finding us at our field offices, where you can speak with an employee face-to-face, is easier than ever!

Our handy Field Office Locator is accessible from your computer and mobile device. On the website, you can enter your zip code to find the address, phone number and hours of the Social Security office closest to you. You can also use this tool to see a map and get directions; if you’re on your mobile device, it will even give you turn-by-turn directions.

Since you are already online, you could skip the traffic and lines by taking advantage of our other online features, too. Check out What You Can Do Online, where you’ll find that many of our services are just a click away!

For example, you use the Retirement Estimator to estimate future benefits, apply for Social Security benefits online and sign up for a personal my Social Security account. Setting up a personal my Social Security account is convenient and secure. You’ll have access to your Social Security Statement, and if you already receive benefits, you can view and print your verification letter and manage your benefits.

Some people prefer doing business in person, though, and that’s why our offices are there! Our employees are passionate about providing you with the best service possible, and we’re proud of our long history of doing so. When you visit us, whether in person or online, we’re always ready to help!

Did you find this Information helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Tags: , , , , , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Doug Walker, Deputy Commissioner, Communications

Deputy Commissioner, Office of Communications


  1. Jim M.

    How can I speak directly to an agent about questions
    I tried calling but was on hold for 4+ hours

    • Vonda

      Hi Jim. You can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can call your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

  2. Lyn G.

    I need to find information on whether or not I should take my own Social Security or use my husband’s spousal Social Security amount.

    • Vonda

      Hi Lyn, thank you for your questions. You may be able to get spouse’s benefits but, under existing law, if you’re eligible for benefits both as a retired worker and as a spouse, you must apply for both benefits and you’ll receive the higher of the two benefits. This requirement is called “deemed filing” because when you apply for one benefit you are “deemed” to have also applied for the other.

      If you qualify for your own retirement benefits and for benefits as a spouse, we always pay your own retirement benefits first. If your benefits as a spouse are higher than your own retirement benefits, you will get a combination of benefits equaling the higher spouse benefit. However, the spouse’s benefit cannot exceed one-half of your spouse’s full retirement amount (not the reduced benefit amount). So, you can only receive additional benefits if your own full retirement benefit (not your reduced benefit) is less than half of your spouse’s full retirement benefit.

      Check out our web page Benefits For Your Spouse for additional details.

  3. Jessie M.

    Hello I’m trying to set up an appointment with one of the local offices in person how do set this up

    • Sue

      Hi, Jessie. Thank you for reading our blog and for your question. If you have a critical situation that we cannot help you with by phone, fax, mail, or online, we may be able to schedule an in-office appointment for you. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more information. If you believe you qualify for an in-office appointment, please call your local office. You’ll find the phone number using our Office Locator. We hope this information helps.

  4. Joe L.

    Your site is not user friendly. Extremely difficult to navigate.

  5. Brian c.

    I’m trying to find the pdf1763 so I can terminate my Medicare part B

    • Vonda

      Hi Brian, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to terminate Medicare Part B.

  6. eric s.

    I am trying to locate telephone number for field office for SSA Inspector General Office in or who covers the Phoenix metro area.

  7. Jason A.

    Where do I fax my form CMS-1763?

    Where do I Mail form CMS-1763 to?

    • Vonda

      Hi Jason, thanks for using our blog. Use our Social Security Office Locator to obtain your local office contact information and mailing address. Thanks!

  8. Becky

    I am trying to find that same form. Did you find it?

    • Vonda

      Hi Becky, thanks for using our blog. If you’re asking about the form to terminate Medicare Part B, check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for the details. We hope this helps!

      • Patricia A.

        So where is the damned form?????

        • Vonda

          Hi Patricia, The link to Form CMS 1763 is in the Frequently Asked Question along with other very important information. Thanks.

          • Brenda K.

            I have filled out the form. Where do I send it?

          • Vonda

            Hi Brenda, You can send the form to your local office. Use our Social Security Office Locator to obtain their mailing address. Thanks!

  9. larry b.

    The online system totally sucks and the phone service is even worse. We tried to switch my wife from spousal benefits to her own as she is reaching 70…..cannot find anything online that even resembles an answer to that on
    After 2:40 minutes online which included to disconnects by SSA we finally get through and all she can do is setup a phone interview 3 weeks down the line….YOU PEOPLE REALLY ARE THE WORST…..and I thought Comcast was bad…GET A CLUE you cant do anything online

  10. Michael T.

    I am trying to find SSA form cms-1763, can you help?

    • Vonda V.

      Hi Michael, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to terminate Medicare Part B. We hope this helps!

      • Edward F.

        Edward Fitzpatrick
        look you all are not making this easy.
        i want to down load cms-1763 ,now i had filed it out on line tried to put it in my files for printing later it will not let me open it.
        I want a copy of cms-1763 immediately

        • Wanda r.

          Need fax number far rockaway ofgocr

          • Sue

            Wanda, thank you for reading our blog and for your question. Your servicing Social Security office is based on your zip code. Please use our Office Locator to find your office phone and fax numbers and mailing address. We hope this information is useful.

    • amalendu c.

      how do I get 1763 form to postponement of my Medicare plan B

      • Vonda

        Hi Amalendu, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to terminate Medicare Part B including the required form. We hope this helps!

      • Christine G.

        Need 1763 form to complete
        So I can request No Medicare Part B insurance
        have Medical through work

    • Christy W.

      I need to print out form cms-1763 where do i go to get this form, or could some one send it to my email

      • Vonda

        Hi Christy, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to terminate Medicare Part B. We hope this helps!

Comments are closed.