34 thoughts on “Have a Taste of our Many Online Services

  1. Would be nice if you could establish accounts for minors receiving benefits under their delegated parent or guardian’s account, maybe a linked account so that we could just as easily access their information. Of course it would come with consent documentation. In this age it is terrible that I can access all of their protected health information online but not their social security information. Hoping you may bring this to fruition some day in the near future!

  2. My ice 🍦 cream is when i will meet with social security office in Cambridge.mass on 07/20/2017.THAT’S wiil be my best ice cream for this summer.

  3. Just a question :
    WHT must one file a lawsuit against SSA , as was the case in the 8th circuit court pertaining to WEP/Pia wh er n the case was already heard and ruled in favor if dual st as us,National Guard technicians?
    This seems to me yo he ludicrous.
    I fall under the 6th circuit court, which a new cases be presented. I thought SSA was ONE FEDERAL PROGRAM not several?

    • Ice cream is the last thing elderly need for healthy low calorie living. It’s difficult to understand why Social Security would be pushing ice cream considering the national health status.

    • What you are complaining about are laws written by Congress. If you don’t like it, petition to have the laws changed. No Court is going to take up your cause.

      • i agree my friend you say all.is we like it or not stake with it. silence is the power full war them talking and talking.we all know GOD an is power he can do everythings.We know and every body know.We the people.and we all is surviver in this Earth.thanks my friend you say all.

  4. Summer is a good time to have ice cream on your grocery list and I have eaten one or more kinds mostly every day so you know I have been budgeting cause ice cream to me is a very nice treat.

  5. It will be wonderful if you extend your online services for American citizens who live abroad instead of requiring seniors to send letters or make expensive long distance telephone calls to report any changes of their status. Your Vanilla ice cream is local and not international.

  6. I was getting SSI benefits and me and my husband were married and he’s a veteran that a lot of people told me that I would not going to be much for security but I’m not blaming him for it that it was a different things in my Social Security got taken and that’s not right even my son’s got taken I am bipolar depression I have learning disorder in Reading disorder and I was born with scoliosis and some other problems so it’s not right that I lost my social security for certain reasons that I should get it back in my Medicaid how people are being treated for a lot of reasons and I was treated for that so get my benefits back because I got done dirty thank you and have a great day

    • SSI is not Social Security but it is a welfare plan administered by the SS Administration. To be eligible for payments you had to meet certain income requirements and the income of your spouse is considered to be available to you and your son. If it is too high then you don’t get welfare and that is the way it should be.

    • Hi Margaret. Keep in mind that the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a needs-based program that pays benefits to disabled individuals based on financial need. SSI guidelines require that if you’re married, we take into account your spouse’s income and resources, when we calculating your monthly SSI benefit amount. We also take into consideration your living arrangements. These and other factors may affect your SSI benefits. To learn more, please visit “Understanding Supplemental Security Income”. Thanks.

  7. I want to be able to access the SSA information online however when I try to subscribe I’m told its for stateside participants only.
    Not allowing overseas SSA people to access the SSA online difficult for me to understand. People in the USA have many venues for information but we overseas do not. The SSA system is the only one I am aware of that refuse access to overseas people.
    Request you look into the reasons for prohibiting overseas access and reconsider your policy.

    • We are sorry for the inconvenience, Stanley. The “my Social Security” authentication system requires address verification as one of the essential criteria for issuing an account. People with APO/FPO/DPO addresses can create an account overseas, but our system does not support registration and account creation for users with a foreign address yet. However, you do not need a U.S. address to access our website or to file online for benefits. Please contact your local U.S. embassy or consulate for any assistance related to your Social Security benefits. Also, our Office of International Operations home page provides more information to assist our customers living abroad. We hope this information helps!

  8. SSA is trying to be very conservative in providing online access. The reason is the database would be a treasure trove for identity thieves. Many people are used to instant convenience. That is all well and good, but some endeavors involve protecting you from a lifetime of fraud, lost credit and enormous personal expense reclaiming your credit and reputation. Please keep in mind that whatever inconvenience you may have to experience may actually be protecting you from something far worse! Your privacy is protected by law.

  9. I was informed by someone that since I have a son who is my jr. that I need to change my name somehow and add SR. on to the end of my name. how do I have that done and does it mean I would have to sign my name with SR. at the end?

  10. I would like to know if you are a veteran with a 60% rated service connected disability and you just turned 62 years of age and filed for early retirement, Would you be able to draw your VA check along with your social security early retirement pay without the amounts not being altered

  11. I have been trying to get the determinations on my disability and my back pay from August for my retirement so I can get into a single family home quickly but it is taking a while for me to get it and as of. January 1 2018 I will be living in my truck until my. Case is determined I’m asking if social security can help

    • Hi Anthony. Unfortunately, but for security reasons, we do not have access to personal records in this venue. Please continue working with your local office. You can request to speak with the manager to see how we can help to expedite resolution of your situation. If you are unable to visit the local office, you can call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213, representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thanks.

  12. been trying to get an appointment at the Riverside, CA office to charge direct deposit and have not been able to get an appointment

    • We’re sorry to hear that you had difficulty making an appointment with your local office, Dellwen.
      Remember, many services are conveniently available anytime at our website. If you already receive benefits (retirement, survivors, or disability) and you have a bank account, you can start or update your direct deposit by using your personal my Social Security account.
      Also, you can call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213, and one of our agents will assist you. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Generally you will have a shorter wait time if you call later during the day or later in the week. We hope this information helps!

  13. Need to set up appointment for September, but unable to do so. Phone lines too busy & unable to access my online account

    • Hello Leslie. We apologize for any inconveniences. Sometimes we experience higher than normal call volume. Generally, when calling our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213, you will have a shorter wait time if you call later during the day or later during the week. Our representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m.
      Our offices are open to the public on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays until 4:00 p.m. Every Wednesday at noon, offices are closed to the public so that employees have time to complete current work and reduce backlogs.
      Remember that many services are conveniently available anytime at our website. Individuals can create a personal my Social Security account to get general information about our programs or manage their Social Security benefits. Also, we respond to questions and provide general information on our Retirement, Survivors, Disability, Medicare and SSI programs through our Blog and Facebook page. If you have a general question, we encourage you to ask here. But remember, never post personal information on social media. We hope this information helps!

  14. I have employment wage benefit earnings missing from Ogden employers through the transcripts here in Ogden at the office located in Dept. Of Corrections Building No.. Also a Identity theft with Dept of WFS a medical breach. With a IRS filing and pin no..I also have approved through Utah legal aid. Any advice would be helpful. It seems have been unable to find help. Experian credit was also breached. My phone no is 8019205007 please help!!! Thank you. .Tracy Gardner.

    • Unfortunately, and because of security reasons we do not have access to personal records in this blog and cannot answer your question at this time. One of our representatives should be able to provide you with an explanation. Please call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Generally, you will have a shorter wait time if you call later during the day or later in the week. Thanks.

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *