Have a Taste of our Many Online Services
Last Updated: July 10, 2017
July is National Ice Cream Month. Can everyone say yum?
No matter your favorite flavor, ice cream brings a smile to almost everyone’s face. It’s synonymous with summer and laughter. The sound of an ice cream truck’s instrumental jingle still makes me want to run out of the house and chase it to buy a cone, a shake, or a banana boat.
Like the many flavors you can find in an ice cream shop, our Social Security online services suite offers a variety of services that are easy to access and sure to delight.
With your personal my Social Security account, you can:
- Get your Social Security Statement to review your earnings and make sure they’re posting correctly;
- Get a benefit verification letter stating that you receive Social Security benefits, no longer receive benefits or applied for benefit but did not receive an answer yet; and
- Request a replacement Social Security card if you meet certain requirements.
If you receive benefits, you can:
- Change your address and phone number;
- Start or change your direct deposit information;
- Get a replacement Medicare card; and
- Get a replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S for tax purposes.
We’ll call your personal my Social Security account vanilla because it goes well with everything.
You can also go online and use our Retirement Estimator to estimate your future retirement benefits and plug in different dates to find your perfect retirement day. We’ll call that one chocolate because of the limitless possibilities.
So whatever your favorite ice cream is — hello gelato! — you don’t have to settle for just one flavor. And you don’t have to chase us down. You can visit us at www.socialsecurity.gov and find about all the flavors, I mean services, we offer.