28 thoughts on “Fight Procrastination and Plan Your ‘Someday’ Now

  1. I served 45 years in serving the United States and now am getting messed over by the United States. I served 25 years in the military and 20 years in civil service. I have ran into 2 very bad situations I do not think is right. After serving and paying Social Security over those 45 years the Social Security rules say unless my wife is a United States Citizen she cannot claim from my Social Security. I think I earned it and my wife should be able to claim it when she turns 65.There are others that have not served and wives have not worked at all and are allowed to draw on their husbands Social Security. Would you please help me with this?

    My second request I am requesting help with is my wife will be able to claim the military SBP but the draw back is Social Security will take out 30% tax on it. I think that is a big exuberant, don’t you.

    Thank you very much for any help you can give me!!

    David Knutson

  2. I think this is a great idea, because it seems so simple – the best thing is when you are in control of your financial future, and that includes small things like this. While you may not be able to control exactly what happens in the future you can put plans in place and stay in control. If it just takes a few minutes I will certainly be doing this.

    • Sophia, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us! We appreciate you using our online services and we look forward to serving you and the American public in the years to come.

  3. No S.S. raise/cola due to low gas prices ??????? BS, that is a sure thing isn’t it ? Congress and all pet projects come out of our SS fund and we get sh**. SS is going broke but there seems to be enough when the gov.’t wants to borrow some of it. More BS.How much does the gov.’t owe us who have paid into it, 2.75 trillion or more ? Lets hear some more heart breaking stories from our Gov.’t why they need our money. They still lie…………….

  4. I was talking with a friend today who said I should be getting two thirds of my husbands ss check rather than my own. Is this true, am I entitled to two thirds of my husbands as if it is more than what I am getting? I have been paying as for over sixty years and my husband way more than that.

  5. I have tried to log in several times and even though I am retired and on SSI it does not recognize me. What do I have to do now?

    • Hi, Joseph. We are sorry if you’re having difficulty with your personal my Social Security account. For assistance, please call 1-800-772-1213. After you hear “Briefly tell me why you are calling,” say “Help Desk” for help with a my Social Security account. You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions to read information on why you may be unable to create or to access your account. We hope this helps!

  6. I too am having trouble with the website. Today at the SSA office they helped and I got right in on their computer, but as soon as I tried at home CANNOT ACCESS this page!! Please fix this problem or close this problematic website. Have been trying for 2 months.

  7. When you call Social Security if they don’t like your question they put you on hold for another 10 minutes. Then if they still don’t like your question they put you on hold again. I’ve sat on hold for almost 2 hours today. Then the representative said they fixed the problem but he didn’t. Then when I had to call back again and requested the same help I was hung up on. Is there no Customer Service agents left to help customers in need???? The answer is no! And to your question, “Did she ever get the help she needed?” The answer is NO! She is still waiting on hold for her answer to her simple question.

  8. What can I do to change my Direct Deposit ss Income. Please call me to 951-413-6594 . My name is Gloria E. Ayala… Please call me.

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *