Online Services, Retirement

Retire Today with Our Online Services

April 23, 2018 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: November 3, 2023

Is retirement knocking at your door? Social Security makes your journey into retirement nice and easy.

You’ve worked hard all your life, and after going down your retirement list, now you’re finally ready to take that step. You verified your lifetime earnings were posted correctly with with  your personal my Social Security account. You used your account to get personalized retirement benefit estimates and determined this is the perfect time to retire. Seems like you’re all set, and we have great news for you. Our online services allow you to retire quickly and in style. You can retire online today in as little as 15 minutes!

Yes, Social Security is putting you in control with secure access to your information anytime, anywhere. During Financial Literacy Month, take control of your future and see what you can do online.

Did you find this Information helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Tags: , , , , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Jim Borland, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. Twyla L.

    Can I make an appointment to sit down with a social security representative at their office on Eastern in Henderson, Nv.?

    • Kenny O.

      Hello Twyla. You can absolutely make an appointment to see your local Social Security office representative. You may call: 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), representatives are available between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. or you may visit your local Social Security office for more. Hope this helps. Thanks!

  2. Patricia W.

    I’m on social security but working so I get just part A Medicare. I have been out of work on medical leave, running out of sick time soon. I will loose my medical also. May not be going back. Had a stoke. Age 77.I need to get my part B. Asap. How do I get this going?

    • Ray F.

      Hello Patricia. If you are covered under a group health plan based on your current employment, you may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) that will let you sign up for Medicare Part B as soon as your employment ends.
      You should try to enroll as soon as possible.
      Please call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213, and speak to one of our agents for further assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Or contact your local office.
      We hope this information helps!

  3. David G.

    Not able Login to SSA

  4. Louise H.

    Good morning I have a question, I am 68 years and I am retired about 5 years now. I am getting survivor benefits from my late husband but like to get my own can I do this on line or do I have to go into the office I would like to know please all information I can give when needed thanks and have a good day

  5. debra D.

    can I get retirement benefits along with spouse benefits

  6. John E.

    I have to agree with the valid points you make in your article because I see things like you. Additionally, your content is interesting and really good reading material. Thank you for sharing your talent.

  7. Christine H.

    I am going to be 65 in August 2018 but since my husband is still working, I do not want to claim my benefits until age 70. What do I do now so that I am not penalized later?

  8. michael k.

    start payments

  9. Lorraine D.

    I know that I have applied for access to this web site and cannot find my user name or pass code. Can you please email this information to me

    • Ray F.

      Just a reminder – We do not have access to personal information, therefore, we do not do direct messaging in this venue. Please be cautious about posting personal information on social media and communicating personal information via email.
      If you are unable to create an account or encounter a problem with your my Social Security account, you may:
      •Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “helpdesk”; or
      •Contact your local Social Security office. Thanks!

  10. John B.

    I worked for a major company for most of my life. During that time I also worked part time for the local police dept., how can I check now that they sent in my S.S.payments ? (the police dept). Who can I check with, it all happened many years ago and it seems I should be getting a lot more money than I am. I was employed by both of them for 25 years.

Comments are closed.