Online Services

Plan for the Future. Manage the Present. Open or access your my Social Security account today!

October 8, 2019 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: November 3, 2023

" "my Social Security is your online gateway to Social Security. There’s never been a better time to open or access your my Social Security account. We’ve added several new features. These features include:

  • Getting retirement benefit estimates based on your selected date or age to begin receiving benefits with retirement estimates for ages 62, Full Retirement Age (FRA), and the user can also input expected future income for inclusion in the estimate.
  • The new Representative Payee Portal lets representative payees conduct their own business or manage direct deposit, wage reporting, and annual reporting for their beneficiaries.
  • The Message Center in all my Social Security accounts now allows you to opt out of getting agency notices by mail that are available online. This includes annual cost-of-living adjustments and the income-related monthly adjustment amount benefit rate increases notices.

my Social Security account holders will still be able to request a replacement Social Security card, check the status of their Social Security application, set up or change direct deposit information, get a proof of income letter, change their address, and more.

Plan for your future and manage your present with a my Social Security account today!

Did you find this Information helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!
See Comments

About the Author

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. EUGENE A.


    • L.A.

      Hi Eugene. If you are not receiving Social Security benefits, and would like to print a Social Security Statement, you simply need to login to your personal Social Security account. If you are unable to access your account or encounter a problem with your personal my Social Security account, you may:
      •Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “help desk”; or
      •Contact your local Social Security office. We hope this helps.


    LINK ALTERNATIF gengpoker
    LINK ALTERNATIF poker genk
    LINK ALTERNATIF jenius poker
    LINK ALTERNATIF jeniuspoker
    LINK ALTERNATIF 389 poker
    LINK ALTERNATIF 389poker
    LINK ALTERNATIF poker389
    LINK ALTERNATIF pokerdam
    LINK ALTERNATIF diva poker
    LINK ALTERNATIF viopoker
    LINK ALTERNATIF pastipoker
    LINK ALTERNATIF singapoker
    LINK ALTERNATIF lotuspoker88
    LINK ALTERNATIF kaptenpoker
    LINK ALTERNATIF pokerfren
    LINK ALTERNATIF poker joget
    LINK ALTERNATIF papipoker

  3. PAUL H.

    ss is 20 years behind with inflation, its disgusting to even look on this site

  4. Suraj R.

    I am glad that I have gone through such an astonishing article,
    Thanks for sharing!


  5. Saul a.

    Good afternoon I am a retired person and I received a letter where I will have to pay part B of medicare because I have to pay this part of medicare if I did not pay anything before? What can I do about it and how do I do it? Why did I get this letter? Or its for more persons to? I ask this because my pension is low..its enough to live poorly..

    • L.A.

      Hi Saul. Unfortunately, your question is a bit more complex than we can handle in this forum. For your security, we do not have access to information about your account in this venue. To get additional information on Medicare premium payments, please visit Medicare’s internet page. You may also contact your local Medicare SHIP (State Health Insurance Program Coordinator) to discuss your options. We hope this helps.

  6. Lydia

    How do you retrieve forgotten user name/password to My Social Security account?

  7. Rosario P.

    Dear sirs,
    I ask you why we don´t have an open acces to “My Social Securiry Account” overseas, I have an overseas address, that is why I can´t open my account, they ask you to have an USA address only. Please give us an opportunity to have an account with an overseas address.


    • L.A.

      Hi Rosario. Thank you for your question. The my Social Security account authentication system requires address verification as one of the essential criteria for issuing an account. Our system does not support registration and account creation for users with a foreign address yet. We recommend that individuals living outside the United States contact the local Federal Benefits Unit for any assistance related to Social Security benefits. Also, our Office of International Operations home page provides more information to assist our customers living abroad. We hope this helps.

  8. Miraj M.

    Many people do not want to open an account from home, but they can be provided social security at home.

  9. Sylvia J.

    I am semi retired. I work three days a week, 87 hours per month. At age 62 I applied for my social security because I had no income at the time. I pay an inordinate amount of money into social security each year from my earned wages of under $12,000.
    According to social security, once you apply early, you are stuck with collecting only a fraction of social security benefits paid into the system even if you still work.
    How is that fair? Let alone legal, when as long as I work I am increasing my yearly social security account, but I won’t be able to collect more per month and year.
    Why can’t I reapply when I reach my full retirement age in 2020 when I reach 66?
    At $561.00, I will never be able to fully retire and survive. I’m feeling mighty resentful with social security’s stagnant benefit award restrictions.?


    • Marc

      You will receive all the money withheld from age 62-66 via a larger monthly payment after reaching full retirement age. Here’s an idea: before you criticize how Social Security works, why not read a little information about how it works? You’re right here on their website anyway. Just search your subject or click on the links. No excuse not to know the fscts.

  10. Frank E.

    If I’ll go back to work after retirement, can I received the same benefits?

    Frank Escalante

    • A.C.

      Hi, Frank. If you work and are full retirement age or older, you may keep all of your benefits, no matter how much you earn, starting with the month you reach your full retirement age. However, if you are younger than full retirement age and make more than the yearly earnings limit, this can reduce the number of payments you receive through the year. For 2019 that limit is $17,640. If you applied and received benefits prior to attainment of full retirement age, and work part-time thereafter you will be considered “retired” only if your monthly earnings are $1,470 or less. Also, if your earnings will be over the limit for the year but you will be retired for part of the year, we have a special rule that applies to earnings for one year. Please visit our Retirement Planner: Getting Benefits While Working for more information. If you have specific questions about your situation, please call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 and speak with one of our agents. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. We hope this helps.

Comments are closed.