New Fact Sheets Added to Your Online StatementReading Time: 1 Minute
Last Updated: July 20, 2021
Your Social Security Statement, available on my Social Security, tells you how much you or your family can expect to receive in disability, survivor, and retirement benefits.
We’ve added new fact sheets to accompany the online Statement. These new fact sheets provide clarity and useful information, based on your age group and earnings situation. They can also help you better understand Social Security programs and benefits.
You can access your Statement and the new fact sheets using your personal my Social Security account.
The new Statement fact sheets cover the following topics:
- Retirement readiness for workers in four different age groups.
- Workers with non-covered earnings who may be subject to the Windfall Elimination Provision and Government Pension Offset.
- Social Security basics for new workers.
- How people become eligible for benefits (for workers not fully insured).
- How additional work can increase your future benefits.
- Medicare readiness for workers age 62 and up.
If you don’t have a my Social Security account, be sure to create one so you can access your Statement, fact sheets, and other useful information about Social Security. You can create your personal my Social Security account on our website.
To learn more, visit our Social Security Statement webpage. Please share these resources with your friends and family.