General, Online Services

New Resource for Individuals Who Provide Care

November 14, 2019 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: November 3, 2023

Woman helping her motherDuring National Caregivers Month, we recognize and celebrate caregivers who provide comfort and care for people of all ages living with disabilities and illnesses.

We work closely with caregivers who serve as representative payees and oversee Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits for beneficiaries who are unable to manage their own benefits. To make it easier for these caregivers to do business with us, we created a Representative Payee Portal. The portal provides a convenient way for individual representative payees with a personal my Social Security account to manage direct deposit, wage reporting, and annual reporting for their beneficiaries.

You can learn more about becoming a representative payee and all the requirements by:

  • Visiting our representative payee website.
  • Watching our training videos on the duties of a representative payee.
  • Reading publications from our representative payee library.

Did you find this Information helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Tags: , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. Barb m.

    I’m looking for extra income to pay someone to help take care of my husband who is now totally disabled. I’ve been doing it alone and it is literally ruining my health. I’m 66 years old and never had back neck leg problems until now. If anyone can help me with this issue I will appreciate it.

    • Vonda

      Thanks for your question, Barb. We do not pay caregivers. However, you may be eligible to receive social services from the state in which you live. These services include free meals, housekeeping help, transportation, or help with other problems. You can get information about services in your area from your state or local social services office. You can also visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services web page for more information. Thanks.

  2. Bintang K.

    Hey Thanks for sharing this awesome information from this article, thanks from Bintang Kecil

  3. Bert

    What’s up, I want to subscribe forr this blog too
    get most up-cotton fabric to buy-date updates, therefore
    where can i doo it pleqse help.

  4. Brain

    Hello there, You’ve don a great job. I’ll definitely digg it and personally suggest to my friends.

    I am confident they will be benefited from this site.
    Poker online for real money the rules of gr in poker –,
    texas holdem poker rules

  5. Lashunda

    If you are going for finest contents like I do, simply
    go to see this web page everyday as it presents feature contents, thanks
    poker for money the ruoes of pokedr ( play poker online

  6. Kyle M.

    Can caregivers who are basically labeled as independent contractors, Apply for any assistance with the payment of taxes. I have payed taxes my entire life. I now find myself on the other side of the fence and owing taxes at the end of the year. Are their any programs or tax credits that caregivers of special needs and or mentally handicapped people may apply for? Thank you

    • Vonda V.

      Hi Kyle, thanks for using our blog. For taxation inquiries, please contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) at or by calling their toll-free number at 1-800-829-1040. We hope this helps.

Comments are closed.