485 thoughts on “How You Can Grow Your Social Security Benefits Beyond Retirement Age

  1. Hello my name is MaryAnn Robledo,husbands name Felipe Robledo. I retired at 62,born in 1947, and was denied spousal benefits when my husband retired at 70 1/2 in 2012. Husband born 1943,Vietnam Vet, was also not notified of VA special Benefits at time of employment. We went back to Lodi,Ca. office 2 times, for corrections of Benefits to be turned down and away. Staff argued we were not eligible. Is there anyone that can help us in this matter, even though it has been more than 10 yrs of back and forth to no avail.

  2. I worked 43 years and PD in but retired at 62 it seems if you continue to pay in to social security your drawing would increase work as a fill in on my old job

    • Hi, Brenda. Each year we review the records for all working Social Security recipients to see if additional earnings may increase monthly benefits. If your earnings for the prior year are higher than one of the years we used to compute your retirement benefit, we will recalculate your benefit amount. Generally, we will send a letter explaining any increase in your benefit amount. For more information about how work affects your benefits, visit here. Please call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213, Monday through Friday, from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or contact your local office directly for further assistance.

  3. If I am approaching my full retirement age, should I still apply for benefits online if I plan on delaying receiving my benefits beyond my full retirement age? I do not want to collect my retirement benefits until age 70.

  4. How may I make an appointment to talk with social security administrator about working past 70? I live near the Silver Springs SS office

  5. I have 43 years of federal employment which is 8 years over minimum retirement but I am short 3 credits to qualify for social security. Can I use the additional 8 years to qualify ?

  6. I started receiving spousal benefits in January at my full retirement age. I am still working. I logged into my social security account, but can no longer see my statements – or earnings record. It just shows me the monthly amount I’m receiving off of my husband’s earnings. HOW can I see and follow “my” yearly record???

  7. I am 76 years old, retired as CSRS Offset from the government and had my benefits reduced because I am three years short of 35 years substantial income under Social Security..

    My question is if I go back to work, make substantial income and pay Social Security for three years, will Social Security Administration restore my full benefits?

    My question

  8. I’m 74 years old and have to work part time to pay for my eye glasses and dental because my personal insurance does not pay for those services. What do I have to do to get coverage from SS, can I reapply to get coverage and increase my SS?

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *