Happy Holidays from Social SecurityReading Time: 1 Minute
Last Updated: December 22, 2022
The holiday season brings us feelings of warmth and joy.
At Social Security, we want you to know we share the same joy when it comes to serving you, whether it be in person, by telephone, or online. Our online services are available to help you do business with us in an easy, convenient, and secure way.
It all starts with a personal my Social Security account. More than 70 million people have signed up for their personal account to conduct their business online!
You can create a personal my Social Security account to:
- Apply for retirement, spouses, or disability benefits.
- Apply for Medicare.
- Check your application status.
If you receive benefits, you can use your personal my Social Security account to:
- Change your address. (Social Security benefits only)
- Set up or change your direct deposit information. (Social Security benefits only)
- Instantly get proof of benefits.
- Print your SSA-1099.
If you do not receive Social Security benefits, you can use a personal my Social Security account to:
- Get personalized retirement benefit estimates.
- Get your Social Security Statement.
- Get estimates for spouse’s benefits.
- Get instant proof that you do not receive benefits.
You can use our services on-the-go or from the comfort of your home. Please visit our website to view the services available to you. We wish you a safe, happy holiday season and look forward to continuing to serve you in the new year!
Did you find this Information helpful?