Online Services

Coming Soon: Improved Check Your Application or Appeal Status Service

December 1, 2016 • By

woman on laptopIn December, Social Security will launch a new service for my Social Security account holders where the public can check on the status of an application for benefits or an appeal filed with us.

The service will provide detailed information about retirement, disability, survivors, Medicare, and Supplemental Security Income claims and appeals filed either online at socialsecurity.gov or with a Social Security employee.

The ability to check your application status will be available online to everyone who has or opens a secure my Social Security. You can open an account at www.socialsecurity.gov/myaccount.

The service will provide important information about your claim or appeal, including, as appropriate:

• Date of filing;
  • Current claim location;
  • Scheduled hearing date and time;
  • Re-entry numbers for incomplete applications;
  • Servicing office location; and
  • Claim or appeal decision.

If you are unable to open a my Social Security account, you can still call 1-800-772-1213 to check your claim status by using our automated system using the confirmation number you received when you filed your claim.

Providing our customers with more claim status information helps us meet our goal of delivering innovative, quality services to you and helping secure today and tomorrow.

Tags: , , , , ,

Doug Walker, Deputy Commissioner, Communications

Deputy Commissioner, Office of Communications

Comments

1. Bryanschoonover

I would like to see what my studas is on my apeail

2. Danara

Hi. I finally had my hearing back in the fall of 2019. I was sadly (of course) denied, but my lawyer and I appealed it. Since then nothing now shows on the My Social Security website. It used to show me what was happening/dates, etc. Now, nothing. From the sounds of this article it was supposed to be a continuation of that system? I called our local office, and they said they can see the appeal in their system, but don’t know why I can’t see anything in my account. Thanks for any help.

3. Paul Abrams

Want my status of Request for Reconsideration filed
    February 19, 2020

4. Debora Holland

Hello
    My mother inlaw had a bad lawyer and lost her case but filed an AGL they told her she would know by law with in 6moths that would’ve been December. She is 55 she’s called many ppl so many doctors have said she’s disabled. The main number has met dead ends. Please someone point us in the right direction.

Hi Debora. Thank you for your question. For your security, we do not have access to private information in this venue. We ask that members in our Blog community work with our offices with specific questions. You can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

5. Delores A Davis

Income change for me

6. karen hitchens

Hi, Ive just been worring about my appeals. Why cant I look for myself? I have to call the “office” TO CHECK IT. the last week the lady has been telling me that the appeal is in review panel. what does that mean? am I getting it or “”””””””””””?????????????????????????

7. maureen allen

I am trying to appeal deductions that I did not request for medicare part b

8. Linda Bisdnack

I receive ssdi every month and have not got my check I don’t file my taxes.address 906 wilkens Glen road apt. 906. Medfield mass.02052 Ihave the same direct deposit at Bank of America as my ssdi *** – ** – ***

9. Carla L Mole

Will the confirmation number that was sent to me by social security ” check your claim status” also let me set up a “my account”?? I am still unable to set up a “my account”. PLEASE help, I would like to set up a “my account”.

Hi Carla, thanks for your question. The confirmation number has nothing to do with setting up a my Social Security account. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing difficulties in creating an account. Please check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page on details related to creating and managing a my Social Security account. We hope this helps.

10. Karen Zitko

Cannot access Check Your Claim Status

Hi Karen, thank you for using our blog to ask your question. You can log in to or create a my Social Security account to check the status of your application online.

If you are unable to check your status online, you can call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) or your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.