General, Online Services

Access Your New Social Security Statement Online

October 5, 2021 • By

Reading Time: 2 Minutes

Last Updated: November 2, 2021

We have exciting news to share: we’ve redesigned your Social Security Statement (Statement) to make it easier to find the information you need.

Who gets a Statement?

A Statement is available to any adult worker who does not receive benefits. Your unique Statement gives estimates of future Social Security benefits that you and your family may receive each month along with a basic overview of the Social Security program. It also provides a record of your earnings history and other valuable information. Your future benefits are based on your earnings record, so it’s important to tell us when you see an error, so you can get it corrected and ensure you get all the benefits you earned. Your Statement explains how to report an error.

What’s New in the Statement?

The redesigned Statement is streamlined and written in plain language to make it easy to read, use, and understand. We’ve divided the information into sections, like different types of benefits, so you can easily find what you need. The new Statement provides a bar chart with your personalized retirement benefit estimates for up to nine different ages, depending on when you may want your benefits to start. This key information can help you make educated decisions about your financial future.

Fact sheets tailored to your age group and earnings situation accompany your online Statement. The fact sheets can help you better understand Social Security programs, benefits, and how they fit your situation. For example, for younger workers, we provide more information about how you can save for your future; for older workers, we explain how benefits may be taxed and how to avoid a Medicare penalty. We include links in the fact sheets for easier reference and additional information.

Our Social Security Statement web page has samples of the Statement, as well as copies of the new fact sheets (in English and Spanish). Please share these resources with your friends and family.

Get Your Personalized Statement Online Today

The best way to access your new Statement at any time is by using your personal my Social Security account. If you don’t have an account, be sure to create one today. Your account also lets you access other services online, such as requesting a replacement Social Security card and getting a letter proving you do not receive Social Security benefits.

Get started by signing in to or creating your my Social Security account today!

For a quick look at the redesigned Statement, visit our Social Security Statement web page and select “Sample Statement.” You’ll be able to open a sample PDF which you can download, save, or print.

To see your own, personalized Statement PDF, create or log in to your personal my Social Security account. There, you can print, save, or download your own Statement PDF to check your earnings record and personalized benefit estimates.

Your Social Security Statement

See Comments

About the Author

Darlynda Bogle, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Darlynda Bogle, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. bevy t.

    Such a great post. Thank you so much for sharing informative content. Kindly share the info related toWhatsapp mod APK

  2. Kay

    I am POA for my mother who is in care. I need to change her address. I am not always able to be with her IF I can get through to SSI’s busy phone lines given restrictions on visitations. I cannot set up a MySSI online account with my email account already recognized. As I type, I am holding to talk to someone about this.
    I’ve found nothing online that supports carers of SSI recipients with such. Can you help?

    • Ann C.

      Hi, Kay. We are sorry to hear about your situation. Keep in mind you can only create a personal my Social Security account using your own information and for your own exclusive use.  You cannot create or use an account on behalf of another person, even if you have that person’s written permission. Please note that having a Power of Attorney does not give you legal authority to manage payments for someone receiving Social Security or SSI benefits. If your mother needs help managing her benefits, you may be interested in applying to become her representative payee. As a representative payee, you will have access to your mother’s records and the ability to update her account information.  

      Please read our publication, A Guide For Representative Payees, for more information. If you have specific questions, or to make an appointment with the local Social Security office, please call 1-800-772-1213 Monday through Friday, between 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and speak to one of our representatives.  Thanks.


    • Lucie A.

      I am not surprised to hear it. I can’t even access my account since they have locked me out and they never sen me a new social security paperwork

  3. Deb D.

    What is the process for getting a current social security statement for my deceased spouse?

    • Vonda

      Hi Deb, thanks for using our blog. We are sorry for your loss. To obtain an estimate for widows benefits, you will need to call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can call your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information.

  4. Karyn

    I applied & received my SS Retirement approval letter in October 2021 and will receive my first check in February 2022. Will I get the January 2022 5.9% increase? My approval letter says that my Feb. check is for January. Please confirm and thank you.

    • Vonda

      Hi Karyn, thanks for using our blog. Regardless of when you choose to begin receiving Social Security retirement benefits, your monthly benefit amount will include all cost-of-living increases starting with December of the year you attain age 62. Check out our Social Security Benefit Amounts web page for more details. We hope this is helpful.

  5. Barb

    I never received my form that tells me my increase. Should I worry about not getting one?

    • Denise H.

      We didn’t either. My husband nor I. What was socsec. reply to you?

      • Lucie A.

        They just told me it was mailed out sometime in December.

    • Vonda

      Hi Barb, thanks for reading our blog and for your question. We mailed the COLA notices throughout the month of December to retirement, survivors, and disability beneficiaries, SSI recipients, and representative payees. You can also securely view and save the Social Security COLA notice online via the Message Center inside your my Social Security account . If you don’t have an account, create one today.

      You can also call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can call your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. We hope this helps!

    • Lucie A.

      I have not received it yet. I have called and asked. You should be worried you will need it for housing and other benefits that agency can not e verify.

  6. Amit T.

    Thank you for sharing this amazing stuff with us which is all about social security. If you need secure and reliable billing software for your business then you may contact us.

  7. Rebecca L.

    On my newest Benefit Statement I am being charged $25 for Medicare Prescription Drug. My insurance pays for my drugs so I should not have this charged from my social security payment. How can I get it removed.

    • Vonda

      For your security, Rebecca, we do not have access to private information in this venue. We ask that members in our Blog community work with our offices with specific questions. You can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. We hope this information helps.

  8. Roy S.

    You should not have removed the funding % amount that came from the actuarial analysis. Per the actuarial report, “The Old-Age and Survivors Insurance (OASI) Trust Fund, which
    pays retirement and survivors benefits, will be able to pay scheduled benefits on a timely basis until 2033, one year earlier than reported
    last year. At that time, the fund’s reserves will become depleted and continuing tax income will be sufficient to pay 76 percent of scheduled benefits.” The amounts shown on the SS statement are MISLEADING if they are not fully funded. Please include the % funding so that people can actually prepare for reality.

    • Laura P.

      I’m having some trouble signing in and it said that they have suspended Me of logging In to my account I really don’t understand why

      • Vonda

        Hi Laura, thank you for using our blog. We are sorry that you are having difficulty accessing your my Social Security online account. We have established a dedicated my Social Security Hotline. To reach this hotline, call 1-800-772-1213, and say “helpdesk” at the voice prompt. The help desk is available to callers between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. (Eastern Time). You can also contact your local Social Security office directly. Look for the general inquiry telephone number using our Social Security Office Locator link. We hope this helps! 

      • Lucie A.

        If you try to log in three times and come back with the wrong information they lock you out,

  9. B.A.

    I already retired and receive SS benefits from 2019, when I was 66. My wife is still working, but decided to receive 50% of my SS benefit, until she will retire. We are eligible for this option since our DOB is 1953 for both.
    Before I was able to see estimated SS benefits in our Statements. Currently it’s not shown anymore.
    What is a procedure to receive her real SS benefits, rather than 50% of my.

    • Vonda

      Hi B.A., thanks for reaching out. Our system is set up to take applications four months in advance, and when your wife is ready, she can apply for her retirement benefits online.

      If she’s unable or would rather not apply online, she can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or contact her local Social Security office. Look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information.We hope this information helps.

    • Tina

  10. Eric M.

    I was supposed to receive my back pay a long time ago. I let the SSI administration know this, and was asked to get another payee. I am my own payee now and grateful to be my own. I was concerned about my first payee recieving 3 new vehicles, all of a sudden and started wondering where he was getting the money. I ended up getting another payee and we had all paperwork filled out where her money was hers and mine was kept separate. We went to BECU bank and they not only told me all my funds had been swept but also that months SSI payment, I had to borrow to pay rent that month. I have not only had my back pay taken but also so.e of my monthly income, I need help with this fraudulent activity. Thankyou sincerely Eric Mootz

    • Vonda

      Hi Eric, thank you for using our blog. Your representative payee was required to keep records of all payments received and how they were spent or saved. Social Security would have sent them a “Representative Payee Accounting Report” once a year.

      If you are alleging that your payee misused your benefits, tell Social Security right away. We will investigate all allegations of misuse, gather facts and evidence, and make a decision on whether misuse has occurred. You will receive a letter from Social Security telling you what we found. If we find misuse, Social Security will take action to recover the misused money. Visit our Representative Payee web page for additional details.

      Please call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 8:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to speak to one of our representatives or you can contact your local Social Security officeThe number may appear under Show Additional Office Information.  We hope this helps.

Comments are closed.