Top 5 Scam Resources You Need To Know
Last Updated: March 16, 2021
Earlier this month, we hosted our second annual National “Slam the Scam” Day to raise awareness of government imposter telephone scams. In case you missed anything, we put together a list of the five most important scam resources you should know about:
- Read our fact sheet Beware of Social Security Phone Scams to learn how to spot fake calls and emails.
- Visit our Office of the Inspector General’s Scam Awareness page for information on phone scams—and how to report them to our Office of the Inspector General.
- Read our blog post to learn how to protect your Social Security number from identity theft.
- Create your own personal my Social Security account to help you keep track of your records and identify any suspicious activity.
- Visit our Fraud Prevention and Reporting page to understand how we combat fraud.
We encourage you to check out our Facebook Live from March 4th on government imposter phone scams below. Please share these scam resources with your friends and family—and help us spread the word on social media.