Medicare

Sign up for Medicare Part B Online, by Fax or Mail

August 6, 2020 • By

For many people, signing up for Medicare Part B doesn’t require you to leave the comfort of home.  Please visit our Medicare Part B webpage if:

1. You are already enrolled in Medicare Part A.
  2. You would like to enroll in Part B during the Special Enrollment Period.

You can complete form CMS-40B (Application for Enrollment in Medicare – Part B [Medical Insurance]) and CMS-L564 (Request for Employment Information) online.

You can also fax the CMS-40B and CMS-L564 to 1-833-914-2016; or return forms by mail to your local Social Security office.  Please contact Social Security at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) if you have any questions.

Note:  When completing the forms:

• State, “I want Part B coverage to begin (MM/YY)” in the remarks section of the CMS-40B form or online application.
  • If your employer is unable to complete Section B, please complete that portion as best you can on behalf of your employer without your employer’s signature.
  • Submit one of the following types of secondary evidence by uploading it from a saved document on your computer:
    • Income tax returns that show health insurance premiums paid.
    • W-2s reflecting pre-tax medical contributions.
    • Pay stubs that reflect health insurance premium deductions.
    • Health insurance cards with a policy effective date.
    • Explanations of benefits paid by the GHP or LGHP.
    • Statements or receipts that reflect payment of health insurance premiums.

Please let your friends and loved ones know about this online, mail, or fax option.

Tags:

Darlynda Bogle, Assistant Deputy Commissioner

Darlynda Bogle, Assistant Deputy Commissioner

Darlynda Bogle, Assistant Deputy Commissioner

Comments

1. Patricia

Find the top 10 reputable birthday Party service providers in Manchester for your upcoming Birthday Party – Get Free Quotes Now
    birthday party buffet caterers Manchester

2. Guru Rao

Keep sharing such amazing posts, it really educates us and keeps us updated in day to day life!

Source: https://tractorguru.in/second-hand-trakstar-tractors

3. joann c anderson

papers on the way

4. Evant Ch

Wow… its a good news… giving many option which make it easier for sure. Good Job. boarding school

5. gauri

mailing is one of the best platform to send messsages but i think nowadays its been easy to send messages on
    GBWhatsapp

6. Christina Coruth

I keep getting notifications to sign up for Medicare part B. My Medicare card specifies I am already covered by part B and have been since I became eligible a few years ago. Have I been kicked off of it without notification? It appears I still have it.

Hi Christina, thank you for your question. Generally, individuals receiving Social Security benefits are automatically enrolled in Medicare Parts A and B. In your my Social Security account, you can check your Medicare entitlement information. We hope this is helpful!

7. Cyber Abhi

If you wish for an apk which gives you access to unlimited music then please follow this link Pandora One Mod Apk

8. Noah

Thank you for the information! You get all the homework done for me and all I need is to use the info you collect for me.

9. href="https://kurmaalqornee.com/" >Kurma Sukkari Gresik

keep sharing information that adds insight and useful. good.

I have information related to Jual Kurma Sukkari Gresik that may be needed one day

10. Gayle Jester

I am trying to access CMS 1763 form to cancel my party B coverage. Please email the form to me

Hi Gayle, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to terminate Medicare Part B.