1,802 thoughts on “No Need to Visit a Field Office: Replace Your SSA-1099 Benefit Statement Online

  1. Hello, I have been recently widowed. My SSA-1099 form has been misplaced. I need a 2020 replacement.

    GEORGETOWN, MA 01833
    (978) 352 2095
    SS# *** – ** – ***

  2. I am my mother’s caregiver and have Power of Attorney for her actions, etc. I cannot find her 2019 Social Security Statement and need to do her taxes. I tried to go online but I got rejected. What can I do since she does not have her own ’email’ address.

    • Hi, Silvia. You cannot create or use an account on behalf of another person, even if you have that person’s written permission. Please note that having a “Power of Attorney” does not give you legal authority to manage benefits for someone who receives Social Security or SSI benefits. If your mother needs help managing their benefits, you may be interested in applying to become her representative payee. As a representative payee, you will have access to their records and the ability to update their account information. A face-to-face interview is required when applying to be someone’s representative payee. If the individual cannot be present, a statement from their doctor would be helpful. The statement should say that they are not able mentally and physically to manage their Social Security benefits and identify you as the person responsible to keep their finances in order. Please read our publication, A Guide For Representative Payees for more information. If you have specific questions, please call 1-800-772-1213 Monday through Friday, between 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and speak to one of our representatives. Thanks.

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *