General, Online Services

New Resource for Individuals Who Provide Care

November 14, 2019 • By

Woman helping her motherDuring National Caregivers Month, we recognize and celebrate caregivers who provide comfort and care for people of all ages living with disabilities and illnesses.

We work closely with caregivers who serve as representative payees and oversee Social Security or Supplemental Security Income benefits for beneficiaries who are unable to manage their own benefits. To make it easier for these caregivers to do business with us, we created a Representative Payee Portal. The portal provides a convenient way for individual representative payees with a my Social Security account to manage direct deposit, wage reporting, and annual reporting for their beneficiaries.

You can learn more about becoming a representative payee and all the requirements by:

• Visiting our representative payee website;
  • Watching our training videos on the duties of a representative payee; and
  • Reading publications from our representative payee library.

Tags: ,

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Comments

1. Smith Miller

When you think about your life during old ages, you could be helpfull hands during your goldern times and those good things may happen to get you a good old days. Or else you should consider in life insurance audit yourselves for securing your future.

2. socialbuddy

You know if you are not on Instagram, you should be. I know you can’t put text up, but just throw in a few pics and build an audience there. I think you’d find a ton of people who would be super interested in your blog here.

3. Lisa Sawyer

What SS forms need to be completed to apply for disability survivor benefits for my disabled brother who is autistic and on medicine to prevent seizures? My brother is living with me as our parents are both deceased. What should I bring with me to provide adequate proof that he’s entitled to disability survivor benefits?

Hi, Lisa. We are sorry for your loss.If a child is age 18 or older, we will evaluate his or her disability the same way we would evaluate the disability for any adult. We send the application to the Disability Determination Services in your state that completes the disability decision for us. For information on benefits for a disabled child please see our Disability Planner:Benefits For A Disabled Child. We hope this helps.

4. Hien Vu

One time, I helped an old woman to apply for SSI benefit. The office door will be opened at 8.45 but people must be online since 6AM in raining or cold weather and someone needs a restroom.
    How do the government help people ???

5. Ankit Negi

Hello, Sir/Madam
    Very beautifully written post, Thank you very much. We readers love to read articles like this.

6. Joseph P Hilliard

Hi,
    My wife and I have been the primary caregivers for my mom for years. She was laid off due to corporate restructuring and I currently don’t make a lot myself. It’s become a lot more challenging financially, I’ve heard that SSA has programs that will assist a caregiver and pay them to take care of their loved one who has a qualified medical disability. For instance, my mother has a diagnosis of Alzheimer’s/dementia. Is this correct? If so what are the programs and how do we apply for them. Thanks

7. Katherine Gabel

My cousin who is living with me and I am his caregiver, take him to doctor’s appointment, buy groceries and prepare his meals ,do his laundry and all household chores. Can I get compensated for that? It’s a financial burden for me.

8. Cedric

First off I would like to say terrific blog! I had a quick question in which I’d like to ask if
    you do not mind. I was interested to find out how you center yourself and clear
    your head before writing. I have had a difficult time clearing mmy mind in gettijng myy ideas out.

I do take pleasure in writing but it just seems like the
    first 10 to 15 minutes are usually lost simply just trying to
    figure out how to begin. Any ideas or hints? Appreciate it!

web page betting odds

9. collins

10. Korey

I’m impressed, I must say. Seldom do Iencounter a blog that’s equally educatijve
    and interesting, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail onn
    thhe head. The problem is an issue that too few people
    are speaking intelligently about. Now i’m very happy
    tht I found this in my search for something rearding this.

webpage live rates