General

Commissioner of Social Security Shares Update about COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments for Beneficiaries

April 3, 2020 • By

“I want to provide an update to people who receive benefits from the Social Security Administration.

The Department of the Treasury (Treasury) announced on April 1 that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file an abbreviated tax return to receive an economic impact payment. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 to generate $1,200 economic impact payments to Social Security beneficiaries who did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019.

Treasury, not Social Security, will make automatic payments to Social Security beneficiaries. Beneficiaries will receive these payments by direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their Social Security benefits.

For updates from the IRS, visit their web page.

Note for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipients:

We are working closely with Treasury to address outstanding questions about our SSI recipients in an attempt to make the issuance of economic impact payments as quick and efficient as possible. We realize people are concerned, and the IRS will provide additional information on their web page when available. Please note that we will not consider economic impact payments as income for SSI recipients, and the payments are excluded from resources for 12 months.

We will continue to update Social Security’s Coronavirus COVID-19 web page as further details become available.”

Tags: , ,

Andrew Saul, Commissioner, Social Security Administration

Andrew Saul, Commissioner, Social Security Administration

Commissioner of Social Security Administration

Comments

1. Ashleigh nolen

This is I never got the 600 for ssi

• Joyce Richardson

I never recieved the $600 stimulus. I have Direct Deposit with the SS office. They have on file my information for Direct deposit.

• Vonda

Hi Joyce, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Elizabeth Wiley

I am disabled and ssi every month, so I never get 2 nd stimulus check, can I get a check?? What I do? Thanks

• Vonda

Hi Elizabeth, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Edward Salen Spotted Eagle

Why I never got a stimulus check why?

• Vonda

Hi Edward, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Vonda

Hi Ashleigh, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Bulah G Harris

I never received my 600 stimulus check. I’m on social security and don’t file

• Vonda

Hi Bulah, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Paul. Berger

I didn’t receive the the check for the $1200.00 for me and my wife i am on ss disability…
          I did receive the first check

• Vonda

Hi Paul, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Brenda lybarger

Never got my $600.00 stitlumus check.i never change nothing in 25yrs. I had the same bank direct deposit too.i am still waiting.

• Vonda

Hi Brenda, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• CRYSTAL Henry

I have not got my six hundred dollars simulate check

• Vonda

Hi Crystal, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Douglas

I never the 2nd 600$ stimulus check

• Vonda

Hi Douglas, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Joseph De Clue

Never got my second stimulus got the first one

2. neva williams

I have not reseved neither of the checks and i am on SSI.and i was wondering if i can find out why they have not sent them to me !!!!

• Trudy Dianne Letaw

I am on SS disability. I received the first stimulus check but not the second. When am I getting the second amount? I get my disability through direct deposit and that is the only money I get so I do not get the max amount. What do I need to do?

• Vonda

Hi Trudy, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Vonda

Hi Neva, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

3. Violet Hale

I never received my second stimulus payment it went into the wrong Bank when will I see it and will it go in the bank where my social security goes into now

• Vonda

Hi Violet, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

4. Joyce Richardson

• Vilson jakaj

Never received my $600 check

• Sue

Hi, Vilson. Thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

5. Susan

I never received any money period! I am on SS but received nothing, why??? No letter no explanations nothing. Not the $600 not the $1200 nothing…How much longer before I may receive an answer? Thank you.

• Vonda

Hi Susan, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

6. Karen Adams

I have not received my 2nd stimulus check and wondered why others around me and I have not. I am 67 years old and on SS. Please I don’t understand why.

• Sharon D. MARRONEY

I Have Not Got Six Hundred Dollars Stimulate Check

• Vonda

Hi Sharon, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

• Vonda

Hi Karen, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

7. Deserted Dave

I’m retired, receiving SS benefits, and received both the first and second stimulus checks (on 1/21, very fast!). Since you guys have been getting a lot of “I haven’t gotten mine” comments, I thought you deserved an “atta boy” for getting the job done. Thanks ever so much!

8. Delia Gonzalez

Hi I never received the first and Second stimulus checks

• Vonda

Hi Delia, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

9. Elisia Rosales

I didn’t get my stimulus check and or second stimulus check

• Vonda

Hi Elisia, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.

10. Herimedes Rodriguez

I never received the $600.00 stimulus. I have direct deposit with the ss office . they hace on file my information for direct deposit.

• Vonda

Hi Herimedes, thanks for using our blog. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS), not Social Security, issues the Economic Income Payments. Social Security cannot answer EIP questions about your specific situation. Check out our Social Security and Coronavirus web page for more details. We hope this helps.