COVID-19, General

What to Do If You’re Missing Economic Impact Payments

May 4, 2021 • By

Last Updated: May 4, 2021

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued the third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP) in April. Most Social Security beneficiaries and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients should have received their EIPs by now. If you, your eligible spouse, or eligible dependent did not receive their EIP – or full amount of the EIP – for this round or any previous round of EIPs, please read this carefully. We have information to share from the IRS to help you get that money.

To get any missing first or second EIPs, you’ll need to file a 2020 tax return with the IRS and claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) as soon as possible. You would need to file the 2020 tax return even if you have no income to report for 2020. When your tax return is processed, the IRS will pay the RRC as a tax refund. The IRS will send you any additional third EIP amount you are eligible for in 2021 separately.

If you already filed your 2020 tax return, you don’t need to do anything else. You can visit our Economic Impact Payments and Tax Credits page to learn more. Please share this with your family and friends—and post it on social media to help us spread the word.

If you have questions about tax-related topics and economic impact payments, please contact the IRS.

Tags: , , ,

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Comments

1. mstatelottery.com

very informative post, keep going to check online lottery results visit our site https://mstatelottery.com/

2. Felicia McNeil

I am Social Security Beneficiary.

3. Sulemani njovu

Am Thamks all of you suported me begining and welcome

4. Sulemani njovu

Am Thamks all of you suported me begining and welcome bet savet world teknologie end Devolement world will enjoy the children to be My bastard to suported and Indeed you suported me with finance to Afrika Zambia Lusaka Thamks verr mac’h

5. Marisol Lopez Rivera

It’s tax-related topic is applicable to Puerto Rico ?

• Vonda

Hi Marisol, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

6. Abdellah Nadifi

Hi
    To whom it concerns
    My son his American citizen his name is fahd nadifi
    I did not receive 500 $ for him
    I need help please

• Vonda

Hi Abdellah, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

7. Jannie pannell

I haven t received my 3rd stimulus what should I do I called the irs and they keep giving me the run around

• Gina Bucci

Me to

• Vonda

Hi Jannie, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

8. Diane

I do not receive social security benefits yet, I will be applying in December 2021. I have not received any of the stimulus money that others have gotten. Mostly because I had not filed taxes. I did file my 2020 taxes but still unsure that I will get any of this so called economic help. As each stimulus package was sent out to others I felt slighted because even though it hadn’t filed my taxes I too was still being impacted by this pandemic. But I know on part it was my own doing.

• Vonda

Hi Diane, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

9. Joseph R

What about Supplemental Security Income Disability with direct express card and who DID get the first and second economic impact payment without filing anything But HAS NOT RECEIVED THE THIRD ! ??????

• Gina Bucci

I didn’t receive my 3rd stimulus

• Gina Bucci

Actually I did file my recovery rebate and they told me I wasn’t getting my 600$

• Vonda

Hi Gina, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

• Vonda

Hi Joseph, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

10. Cherrita sanders

I didn’t receive My dependent earned child credit when I filed taxes. Please tell me what I need to do.

• Vonda

Hi Cherrita, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!