Use These Scam Tools to Spot FraudReading Time: 1 Minute
Last Updated: March 17, 2022
On March 10, we held our annual National Slam the Scam Day to raise awareness of Social Security-related scams and other government imposter scams. In case you missed it, here are our top tools and resources for this year:
- Check out our Fraud Prevention and Reporting page to learn about Social Security fraud – and how we fight scammers.
- Read our Scam Alert factsheet to learn what tactics scammers use and how to protect yourself.
- Create your own personal my Social Security account to stay one step ahead of fraudsters. Please read our blog post for more information about creating or signing in to your personal my Social Security account.
- Learn about other types of fraud on our Office of the Inspector General’s (OIG) Scam Awareness page. You’ll also see how to report these scams to our OIG and other government agencies.
- Read our blog post to learn how to guard your Social Security card – and protect your personal information.
You can also check out the Federal Trade Commission’s page, Avoiding and Reporting Scams, for additional scam-related information.
We encourage you to watch the replay below of our Facebook Live from March 10 about Social Security-related scams and other government imposter scams. Please share these scam resources with your friends and family—and help us spread the message on social media. Let’s continue to Slam the Scam together!
Did you find this Information helpful?