Online Services

Social Security’s Many Online Services

May 27, 2021 • By

Last Updated: May 26, 2021

younger woman teaching older woman on laptop (for post)There’s probably been a time in your life when you’ve wondered, “Can I do this online instead of visiting a Social Security office?” The answer is more than likely yes, and you can find more information about our online services on our website. Online, you can apply for retirement and disability benefits, appeal a decision, and do much more.

We’ve organized our Online Services webpage into four popular categories for easy navigation:

  • Review Your Information. You can access your secure, personal information and earnings history to make sure everything is correct.
  • Apply for Benefits. You can apply for retirement, disability, and Medicare benefits without having to visit a local Social Security office.
  • Manage Your Account. You can change your direct deposit information and your address, if you are receiving benefits, online.
  • Find Help and Answers. You can find answers to your most frequently asked questions, as well as links to publications and other informational websites.

You can also access personalized information with your personal my Social Security account. This is a useful resource even if you are not receiving benefits. You can:

  • Request a replacement Social Security number or Medicare card.
  • Get personalized retirement benefit estimates.
  • Get estimates for spouse’s benefits.
  • Print proof that you do not receive benefits.
  • Check your application or appeal status.
  • Read your Social Security Statement.

If you are receiving benefits, you can:

  • Request a replacement Social Security number or Medicare card.
  • Set up or change direct deposit.
  • Print a Social Security 1099 (SSA-1099) form.
  • Opt out of mailed notices for those available online.
  • Print a benefit verification letter.
  • Change your address.

Please let your family and friends know they can do much of their business with us online.

Tags: , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Darlynda Bogle, Assistant Deputy Commissioner

Darlynda Bogle, Assistant Deputy Commissioner


Please review our Comment Policy before leaving a comment.

  1. hizkiaalbertus

    when you want to play slot gambling, play at gacor77 because there are many slot machines with various providers that are gacor and benefit the players.

  2. salman

    thanks for the wonderful information. you divide into categories is the best to pattern to get a result.Check LESCO Bill Online

  3. Jared A.

    I’m currently doing online surveys to help supplement my SSI & SSDI income. Would I have to report that income monthly if it ever goes above a certain amount in a given month? I have a representative payee. Who would be responsible for reporting that income, me or my representative payee, which is my Mom?

  4. Marguerite Huff

    What can I do to mke sure my daughters stimulis does not go to my sons account again

    • Vonda

      Hi Marguerite, thank you for using our blog. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!


Leave a Comment

Please review our Comment Policy before leaving a comment. For your safety, please do not post Personally Identifiable Information (such as your Social Security Number, address, phone number, email address, bank account number, or birthdate) on our blog.

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *