General, Online Services, Retirement

Single Working Women’s Week

August 3, 2015 • By

Reading Time: 1 Minute

Last Updated: November 6, 2023

A single working woman is holding blueprints at a construction site while talking on the phone.We have a longstanding commitment to meeting the distinct needs of the single, working woman. By better understanding your benefits as a single woman, you can capture more Social Security income over your lifetime, and we want to show you how.

Single Working Women’s week is August 2 – 8, and it’s the perfect time to create a personal my Social Security account. Creating a my Social Security  account gives you access to your personal online Social Security Statement. You work hard every day to build a secure financial future, and your downloadable Statement makes planning that much easier. Make sure your earnings are posted correctly, and find out how your future retirement is shaping up when you view your Statement. You owe it to yourself to be sure you are on the right financial path.

Having a strategic retirement plan already in place is important. Take advantage of the benefits of having a personal my Social Security account to form this plan. You can also gather additional tips from our Social Security for Women page, which offers tips on how to make the best decisions for your lifestyle.

Not only are women, in general, boosting their individual retirement savings, but over the past four decades, women are living longer. These facts reinforce the need to apply two key retirement principles: plan and save.

Take time to explore your financial and retirement options with us. The idea is to get the most from your benefits, and we’re here as a dedicated resource to assist you along the way.

Did you find this Information helpful?

Thanks for your feedback!

Tags: , , ,

See Comments

About the Author

Phil Gambino, Assistant Deputy Commissioner, Communications

Assistant Deputy Commissioner for Communications


  1. William S.

    I would like to request the CMS-1763 form

    • Vonda V.

      Hi William, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page for details on how to terminate Medicare Part B. We hope this is helpful!

  2. puji m.

    “Konversi Dollar AS ke Rupiah inilah yang memaksa kami untuk memutuskan kenaikan konblok rumput sekitar 7 hingga 10 persen. Sementara faktor lain seperti Tarif Dasar Listrik (TDL) tidak terlalu berpengaruh,” kata Entus, kepada

  3. Alexandra S.

    Nice Article.

    Alexandra Siang

  4. J B.

    Hello I need to fill out the form cms 1763 to terminate my part B

  5. Thomas W.

    I am trying to cancel my Part B medical insurance and I can’t get the form? Reason, I am A Viet Nam veteran and am under the Care of Veteran’s hospital! …CMS-1763 is the form a Mrs. Lee directed me to!

    Time and Date
    August 7, 2018. 11:56 PM

    Thomas W. Atkielski

    • Ray F.

      Hello Thomas, our policy requires a personal interview be conducted with everyone who wants to terminate their Medicare Part B benefits. Representatives at your local Social Security office will help you submit the required Form CMS-1763, “Request for Termination of Premium Hospital and /or Supplementary Medical Insurance”, or your signed request for termination, but we need to speak to you personally, before we terminate your Medicare benefits to be sure that you fully understand the consequences of doing so. We do not offer Form CMS-1763 online.
      Also, we recommend that you speak with your VA health benefits advisor, or health plan representative to see what’s best for you.
      For further assistance or to make an appointment, call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thanks!

  6. Riva

    great points altogether, you simply won a logo new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your put up that you made a few days in the past? Any positive?

  7. Sheena

    After exploring a handful of the blog posts on your website, I really like your way of
    blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back soon.
    Please visit my website too and tell me how you feel.

    maglie calcio a poco prezzo

Comments are closed.