Disability, Survivors

Social Security 2017 Trustees Report

July 13, 2017 • By

man sitting at desk on laptop Today, the 2017 Annual Report of the Board of Trustees of the Federal Old-Age and Survivors Insurance and Federal Disability Insurance Trust Funds was released.  To learn more, please visit http://ow.ly/crq630dC1i8.

Join us on Facebook Live on 7/17 at 7 P.M. ET as we chat with Social Security’s Chief Actuary Steve Goss.

Note: The closed captioned version will be available within 24 – 48 hours of the broadcast.

Tags: ,

Nancy Berryhill, Acting Commissioner of Social Security

Nancy Berryhill, Acting Commissioner for Social Security

Comments

1. Billy key

I am billy key, maybe Nancy Ann.Berryhill. Can help me on my Social Security benefits. Please, I need help on a apartment like rent and light And water and food. I am get 770$ for my Social Security benefits and 16$ for food stamps. That is all of it.
    My phone number is 252-455-8264. Thank u. Have a nice day.

• Billy key

Thank u.

2. Lisa A. Creamer

Dear Ms. Berryhill,
    I have been having a difficult time in obtaining information concerning my SSD. I received a notice saying they made a mistake and lowered by monthly check to pay back. I asked for an explanation of the mistake because it appeared on the computer in the SSA
    office that when I received a settlement they used the full amount instead of what I actually received. Went to my lawyer and he said all papers were sent and he would send again. To no avail, no reason was given.
    Now his letter did not show in the computer as being given to the board. I would like to send you my letter and what has been done or not done to fix the problem. Do you have an e-mail address I can send it to, so that maybe you could find someone to help?
    Sincerely,
    Lisa A. Creamer
    35971 678th St.
    Hill City, Mn. 55748 218*697*8439

• Ray Fernandez, Public Affairs Specialist

Hello Lisa, we have referred your complaint to our Office of Operations to follow up and to take corrective action as necessary. We appreciate your feedback, and thank you for bringing this to our attention.

• Cameka Mayes

I will be there in the morning to figure out what is going on with my social security check for the 3rd of the month

3. Cameka Mayes

My name is cameka mayes mycheck was not on my car today I’m trying to figure out why I am homeless and don’t have anywhere to stay as it is due to my daughter’s check being cut off for 14 months I am in a situation where I am homeless and I’m not understanding why my check is cut off for the 3rd of the month I received the check for the first but have not received it for the third someone please contact me immediately

4. Rick Mellum

Hello, The Trustees report on page 155 – “The Social Security Act prohibits expenditures from the OASI and DI Trust Funds for any purpose not related to the payment of benefits or administrative costs for the OASDI program. Where in the Social Security Act is this?

Thank,
    Rick Mellum

5. Donald Aleman

Each year I, Ex Pat in Thailand 13 years, 84 yrs. old, receive a form designed to reduce my benefit, IF, I am working. At 84, disabled, as I am sure many Ex pats 75 + are, do not work but am threatened with total cancellation of REPAYMENT OF MY MONEY I PAID INTO SS FOR 40 + years if I do not reply in a specified number of days.This form costs many millions plus requires 100’s maybe thousands of people to administer and, essentially produces negative results as 1). Many do not receive the form, 2).Many/most are disabled & cannot work. 3). Some don’t want to work and, 4). Many of the rest, maybe all, realizing their benefit could be reduced, lie ,so, why with a certain negative P/L, send it at all ?

6. Donald Aleman

I forgot Number 5). A goodly number of addressees are DEAD !

7. Vici M Ellis

How can I find out my total receipts for 2017? I don’t see it addressed anywhere. Why is it so difficult to find? Why isn’t it itemized on the listing? Is it worded in a different way?

8. James O Stola

Where do I have my SNT reviewed?

9. Tammy L Clark

My name is Tammy and Clark my birthday is January 19th 1969 and my last 4 digits r617 for I am wondering when I will receive my Social Security Administration back pay it’s been two years I have accidentally blocked myself out of my social security.com I cannot get any help to unblock it please help me

10. barbara j nonno

Just trying to find out how I can collect the 225.00 death benefit for my deceased husband.