Access My Social Security From Your HomeReading Time: 1 Minute
Last Updated: November 2, 2023
With so many services available online through my Social Security, signing up for a secure account will help you conduct Social Security business from home.
With your personal my Social Security account, you can:
- Estimate your future benefits and compare different dates or ages to begin receiving benefits.
- Check the status of your Social Security application.
- Review your work history.
- Request a replacement Social Security card (in most States).
If you already receive benefits, you can also:
- Get a benefit verification or proof of income letter.
- Set up or change your direct deposit.
- Change your address.
- Request a replacement Medicare card.
- Get a Social Security 1099 form (SSA-1099).
You can even use your personal my Social Security account to opt out of receiving certain notices by mail, such as the annual cost-of-living adjustments and the income-related monthly adjustment amount notice. Instead, through the Message Center you can receive secure, sensitive communications.
Let your friends and family know that they can create a personal my Social Security account today.
Did you find this Information helpful?