General Questions

You Don’t Need A Magic 8 Ball To Find The Answers To Your Questions

February 16, 2016 • By

picture of an 8 ballSometimes, finding answers to your questions on government websites can feel a lot like asking questions of a Magic 8 Ball™. That’s not the case with Social Security’s frequently asked questions.

In 2015, Social Security won the “ClearMark Award of Distinction” for best plain language websites and documents from the Center for Plain Language for our redesigned Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) website. We continue to improve our communications to provide you with clear, helpful information and easy access to our services.

We recently narrowed down our FAQs from more than 500 to less than 200. The newly revised FAQs are more clear and concise. You come to our website for immediate answers, not a long drawn out experience. We’re all busy, right?

Social Security wants our online content and our communications with you to be accurate and easily accessible. We want you to locate the information you’re looking for faster than a magician could wave his wand. We are constantly searching for ways to improve navigation throughout our online presence and use feedback from your comments and suggestions when making changes to our website.

Visit our new FAQ home page to find the answer to your question. We promise that with our award-winning site, you won’t get the result reply hazy, try again later. When it comes to getting an answer, you’ll find out that your outlook is good.

Doug Walker, Deputy Commissioner, Communications

Deputy Commissioner, Office of Communications

Comments

1. Free Robux Generators

free robux generator is the best online gaming currency used to unlock new gaming accessories and characters to get the better experience to the game.

2. Debbie

I have a friend who draws sis. Can there hold your whole check to paid back what said say you own? Leaving you NOTHING TO LIVE ON OR PAY YOUR BILLS.

3. Irene Adams Raye

i was trying to find out for my deceased brother Charles’s Adams was entitled any more income.
    he passed Oct 11-19
    he was using a portion of his social security benefit check to help his daughter Jordan because in disabled.
    My name is Irene Adams

4. Irene Adams Raye

Just asking a question for Jordan his daughter

5. Cecil Burley

I did not receive a SSA-1099 Benefit Statement for my wife who passed away on Oct. 1 ST 2019. her name is Barbara A. Burley. SS# *** – ** – *** .what do I need to do to get it. thank you.

Hi, Cecil. We are sorry to hear about your loss. We are sorry to hear about your loss. The SSA-1099 is mailed to the last address in our records and is intended for the spouse or executor of the deceased. If you did not receive the benefit statement, the executor will need to go into the local Social Security office with proof of death and proof of executorship. An SSA-1099 can also be given to someone receiving benefits on the deceased beneficiary’s record such as a spouse, parent, or child of the deceased. If you need more information, call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) and ask a representative for assistance. We hope this helps.

6. Janet K. Paddock

I filed a social security survivors benefits appeal ion April 2018. I have called many ties & was told it is pending & if anything else is needed they will contact me. Now I can’t seem to get a straight answer from anyone.

Hi, Janet. We are sorry to hear about your experience. For your security, we do not have access to private information in this venue. We ask that members in our Blog community work with our offices with specific questions. You can call us at 1-800-772-1213, Monday through Friday, between 7:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., for assistance. Generally, you will have a shorter wait if you call later in the day. You can also contact your local Social Security office. You can ask to speak to a manager on your next call or visit. We hope this is resolved soon.

7. Daffy

Hey I am just curious about something. If a child has a deceased parent and draws a ssi check off of them but they don’t live with the other parent they are being raised by another family but the parent is getting the check and not helping in any way to raise them or giving any of the money to the ones raising them is there anything you can do about it? Thanks in advance.

8. Fire Tablet

If you are looking for a solution to your Kindle fire problem. We have a solution for you and your kindle problem will be solved. Visit our Website to update your Kindle solution.

9. Kathy

I am not full retirement age and am collecting social security based on a combination of my and my husbands earnings. If my husband dies before I reach full retirement age what is the process to elect to not receive survivor benefits until reaching full retirement age. #2 Can I still receive the benefit that I am currently receiving while waiting to collect full survivor benefits at full retirement age or is this is suspended or do I have to suspend these myself while waiting?

10. Susan Belliveau

What are the rules if my aunt wants to move to Canada? Can she continue to get her social security? What are the steps she needs to follow in order to do so? We want her to move to Canada so that we can take better care of her.