Supplemental Security Income Recipients, Act Now – Go to – A Message from Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul

Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients who don’t file tax returns will start receiving their automatic Economic Impact Payments directly from the Treasury Department in early May. People receiving SSI benefits who did not file 2018 or 2019 taxes, and have qualifying children under age 17, however, should not wait for their automatic $1,200 individual payment. They should immediately go to the IRS’s webpage and visit the Non-Filers: Enter Your Information section to provide their information. SSI recipients who have dependent children and did not file 2018 or 2019 taxes need to act by Tuesday, May 5, in order to receive additional payments for their eligible children quickly. 

By taking this proactive step to enter information on the IRS website about them and their qualifying children, they will also receive the $500 per dependent child payment in addition to their $1,200 individual payment. If people in this group do not provide their information to the IRS soon, their payment at this time will be $1,200 only. They would then be required to file a tax year 2020 tax return to obtain the additional $500 per eligible child.

I urge SSI recipients with qualifying children and who do not normally file taxes to take action now. Immediately go to so that you will receive the full amount of the Economic Impact Payments you and your family are eligible for.

Lastly, a word of caution. Be aware of scams related to the Economic Impact Payments. There is no fee required to receive these payments. Don’t be fooled.

Visit the agency’s COVID-19 web page for important information and updates.

Click here to view the IRS press release about this important issue.


2,503 thoughts on “Supplemental Security Income Recipients, Act Now – Go to – A Message from Social Security Commissioner Andrew Saul

  1. I am a 100% Disabled Veteran who filled out the non-filers paperwork on the IRS Website and after I clicked submit a pop up said recieved. I can’t log into get my payment to check status and haven’t heard anything about where my check is. Please help me find the status?

  2. My name is Scott Klemm. sr. Idont now what’s going on on with .can you help me one in may direct Express scott Klemm sr. Is my name its been a long time since I’ve got a mail from social security I don’t have a payee can you let me know what going on today $$$?phone number 2095685879 help

    • Hi Scott, thanks for using our blog. For your security, we do not have access to private information in this venue. We ask that members in our Blog community work with our offices with specific questions. You can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

  3. First of all my name is scott Klemm sr my dad passed away his name is is Thomas m Klemm ssi or social security Department can not get get a hold of them please help me I have no car can someone please help 2095685879 please call me back

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *