Welcome to the Social Security Administration’s Open Government Comment section, a limited public forum to share and discuss information about ideas for Social Security’s Open Government Initiative.
While Social Security aims to create an open discussion related to Social Security’s Open Data Initiative, and encourages helpful and useful comments, please note that this is a moderated communications platform. We reserve the right to determine which comments are acceptable, and remarks containing the following will be removed:
- Personally Identifiable Information [PII] (e.g., Social Security numbers, postal and email addresses, phone numbers);
- Threatening, defamatory, or obscene language or material;
- Personal attacks (e.g., abusive remarks);
- Discriminatory language (including hate speech) about race, color, national origin, age, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), religion, disability, or other legally or agency-protected group;
- Embedded media, such as videos or photos (but hyperlinks to such media, if otherwise appropriate, are acceptable);
- Linking to unrelated content;
- Spam or undecipherable language (gratuitous links will be viewed as spam); and,
- Our employees’ names. While we love to hear good things, we want to respect our employees’ privacy as well, so please do not post their names.
We do not have access to personal information on this forum, and are not able to answer specific questions about a claim. Inquiries from our audience will not be associated with an individual’s benefit claim, nor will they protect benefit filing dates or rights.
If you have specific questions regarding a Social Security program that involves details you do not wish to share publicly, you may contact Social Security at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/agency/contact/.