COVID-19, General

What to Do If You’re Missing Economic Impact Payments

May 4, 2021 • By

Last Updated: May 4, 2021

The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) issued the third round of Economic Impact Payments (EIP) in April. Most Social Security beneficiaries and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) recipients should have received their EIPs by now. If you, your eligible spouse, or eligible dependent did not receive their EIP – or full amount of the EIP – for this round or any previous round of EIPs, please read this carefully. We have information to share from the IRS to help you get that money.

To get any missing first or second EIPs, you’ll need to file a 2020 tax return with the IRS and claim the 2020 Recovery Rebate Credit (RRC) as soon as possible. You would need to file the 2020 tax return even if you have no income to report for 2020. When your tax return is processed, the IRS will pay the RRC as a tax refund. The IRS will send you any additional third EIP amount you are eligible for in 2021 separately.

If you already filed your 2020 tax return, you don’t need to do anything else. You can visit our Economic Impact Payments and Tax Credits page to learn more. Please share this with your family and friends—and post it on social media to help us spread the word.

If you have questions about tax-related topics and economic impact payments, please contact the IRS.

Tags: , , ,

Mike Korbey, Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Comments

1. kiralık t.

Özel kiralık tekne , 130 kişiye kadar yolcu taşıma kapasitesi belgesine sahip olup tecrübeli ve profesyonel çalışanları ile her türlü talebinizi karşılayacak kapasite ve donanıma sahiptir.

2. PRESTON

I am on SSDI or ssi and all of my perrs and friends received a June payment of 600 dollars from the state of California everyone except me I was diverted back here to find out why but I can’t access any numbers or internet sites to get help what’s up with that?

3. Lucas C.

Best Exams Help is providing students with professional assistance regarding their online classes. We assist students with their issues regarding their online classes & provide solutions to their online classes. So students can achieve higher grades with our online class help services with highly qualified faculty. So, on the mentioned site, you can find discount coupons for online exam help. An acknowledgment of the overall programmed and planned existence of humans has been achieved. Contact us if you need help with online exams, or if you want us to do your online class for you.

4. Colleen F.

I can’t get answer from s/s, they say it’s not their responsibility contact irs altho s/s is responsible for giving my info to irs to receive eip. I use pmnt tool on irs, it says no info. I call contact irs they say use the pmnt tool they can’t help me the irs gets info on who to pay for s/s recpients from s/s contact them. They both say they can’t help & to contact the other when each denies any help, but both s/s & irs are only ones that have the answer. s/s is responsible to give my info like they did for 1st & 2nd eip to irs. They should be able to confirm to me this has been done, they won’t. The irs has my info since they sent to my direct express the 1st & 2nd eip without me doing anything. So who do you contact when I have kids at home & need pmnt just like everyone I know that’s received theirs? It’s like a blame game big circle no it’s this one’s responsibility, no it’s that one’s responsibility, call them not us, while months go by still no answer from either.

• Ordia G.

I sure relate as I’ve been 19 months trying to sort out a payment to me and my “dead” wife and no one has told truth yet. Can’t talk to anyone with government that doesn’t refer you to someone else who can’t or won’t help

5. Pakistan

When will it be started in my country? we are the Website Developers in Pakistan and looking forward these type of services.

• Joseph R.

Lmao……?????

6. Pakistan

When will it be started in my country? we are the Website Developers in Pakistan> and looking forward these type of services.

7. önemli

sahip olmak için Doçentlik Sınavının başarıyla ile geçilmesi gerekiyor.

from: https://theciphers.com/

8. Akademik k.

doçentlik puan hesaplama Akademik kariyerin en önemli aşamalarından birisi olan Doçentlik ünvanına sahip olmak için Doçentlik Sınavının başarıyla ile geçilmesi gerekiyor.

9. Tina M.

Crazy how long it’s taking to receive the third one when I don’t have to file and checking that get my payment is useless and stressful

10. Ellieh

I have tried to send in a2020tax form 3 times and my pc keeps telling me that I can’t do the form and closes out on me. How can I get stimulus checks if ICannot send in a 2020 tax form

• Diana V.

Hello Ellieh. The IRS, not Social Security, sends all economic impact payments. Unfortunately, our telephone representatives and social media team cannot answer your specific situation about payments. You can find the latest information available from the IRS by visiting their website. If you don’t see the answer to your question, you can call the IRS’ payment hotline at 1-800-919-9835. We hope this helps!

• Ordia G.

True but you can’t talk to anyone there and if you do they transfer you to someone else then you’re hung up on — after waiting for an hour or hour and a half on hold = WORTHLESS!

• Cynthia

What in the world is going on at the IRS?!?!

• Cynthia

We can’t get any answers from anyone. I filed my taxes 2/27/2021. Still nothing. Said most of SSDI/SSI recipients received their third stimulus check in April. They supposedly were given our banking information for DD and still nothing. Can’t call anyone. No commutation where we fall in their que. They say they are finally done with 2020 tax returns so where are they in the 2021 ones. People who filed in April & May are getting them before several that have filed early in year. This is supposed to be EMERGENCY HELP. Oh but the IRS is working around the clock. Obviously not to address people’s concerns.