Thankful for Services that Touch AmericaReading Time: 2 Minutes
Last Updated: November 3, 2023
Here are six of the services we, at Social Security, are most thankful for:
- Our Social Security Disability Insurance program — for sixty years, our disability program has provided benefits to workers with disabilities who paid into Social Security. When you can’t work due to a severe condition that is expected to last at least one year, or result in death, Social Security is there.
- my Social Security — there’s plenty you can do online, from a change of address to a Benefit Verification Letter, from an estimate 0f your future benefits to the start of your life as a retiree. You don’t have to leave your home, postpone the bonfire in the backyard, or change out of your jammies. Open your personal account today! It’s easy, convenient and secure.
- Our Compassionate Allowances — through this initiative we identify people whose medical conditions are so severe, they obviously meet our disability standards. It allows processing disability applications as quickly as possible instead of the usual process, which can take three to five months.
- Our Faces and Facts of Disability — we like to say that our Faces and Facts of Disability page is at the heart of what we do and who we are as an agency. On this page, we share the stories of people living with debilitating diseases and receiving Social Security benefits. You can get to know their faces and learn the facts.
- Online Replacement of Social Security Cards — when you lose your Social Security card, you don’t have to stand in line! Our new online version of the Application for a Replacement Social Security Card makes it easy and stress free. It’s available in a growing number of areas, and more than 120,000 have replaced their cards through our new online system.
- Faster Disability Decisions for Veterans — our partnership with the Department of Veterans Affairs allows us to expedite the processing of disability cases for America’s veterans. This process saves time and taxpayer’s money and allows for faster decisions.
These are just six of the many services we offer. When we say Social Security is here to secure today and tomorrow, we mean it. And that’s something to be grateful for!
Did you find this Information helpful?