Receiving Housing Benefits? A Trip to Social Security May Not Be Necessary

elderly man and woman holding hands Social Security is constantly evolving to make your life easier. If you are currently receiving benefits from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), and are reapplying for benefits, or are assisting someone with their application, a trip to the Social Security office is probably not necessary even if verification of Social Security benefits is needed.

Because of a data exchange established between Social Security and HUD, most people do not need to contact Social Security for a benefit verification letter. HUD administrators processing a Re-certification Application for Housing Assistance can use their Enterprise Income Verification (EIV) System to verify Social Security and Supplemental Security Income benefits.

Public housing agencies, private owners, and management agents administering HUD rental assistance programs may get registration information about EIV by logging onto the following websites:  or

If you are a new applicant for housing assistance, you can provide your HUD administrator with your Social Security award letter, Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) notice, SSA-1099, or other SSA benefit document you should have received at the beginning of the calendar year or when you began receiving benefits, whichever is later.

We created these data exchange agreements to help you get the support you need at the first point of contact, even if that’s not with Social Security.  If you do need to provide proof of Social Security benefits yourself, we have another way to save you a trip to Social Security.  You can get an instant benefit verification letter with a personal my Social Security account at


208 thoughts on “Receiving Housing Benefits? A Trip to Social Security May Not Be Necessary

  1. Yes I do need help. Every time I tried to get some help they keep asking me for money and I don’t have any. I get $1,487 from Social Security and I am paying $1,382.20 a month for mortgage. I get $416 from OPM and $229 from Aetna which you already know. I have no other payment. I have a high electric bill, high gas bill, plus 12 co-pay medications. I tried to get medicaid to help me pay for my insurance and they told I made too much money. I pay for car/bcbs $200 monthly.

    • If you had an efficiency apartment where I live you could be paying $650 for rent, $40 for electricity, and $10 a month for gas in your car. Why stay in your house when you can’t afford it anymore.

      • Not sure where Bernadette lives but in the area we live, there is no affordable housing or section 8 available. The wait lists are 4 to 10 years. Some of the affordable housing is being converted to regular apartments with the rent going from $600 to $1400 ..legally. Bernadette you may want to consider renting a room.

          • NOT kidding. In California it seems that any person who comes from south of the border has section8. The wait lists are closed. In addition if you happen to have gotten on the list your wait could be as long as 10 years.

      • I paid off my home before I retired, so I wouldn’t be paying rent to someone else. Everyone that is about to retire shouldn’t have a mortgage payment or be paying rent.

        • whatta dreamer u are..not everyone is as fortunate as you but what are u going to do when taxes go up the roof needs replacing or a major repair needs to be done? count ur blessings before being critical of others after all ..when you die you have nothing!!

        • Thats all good but we arent like you we dont have our homes anymore thats why we are trying to get someone to help us ! You have no idea what my life is like now im use to my own home but a bad marriage or man took it from me when i got sick !!

    • Assistance programs are for those with low income. It sounds like you need to move to a place you can afford. Have you thought about getting roommates? Have you talked to your mortgage company and asked if there is a way to lower your payments ? Can you find someone to take over the payments and live there if/when you move out ?

      We have to adjust our lifestyles as our finances change.

        • sounds to me like you are living very well i wish i could afford all you have i have to live were there are litterly gun shootings from gangs at least 5 times week this last week we did ok we only had 3 but 3 were killed all under the age of 21 and 2 of them were laying right outside my kitchen window 2nd one went into neighbors kitchen window what stoped the bullet was a tapatia hot sauce bottle sitting on his kitchen table and no one cares they say everytime the police and gang task force you live in the ghetto what do u excpect well its all i can afford cause i became disabled very young in life i make $800. 599. rent 100. pg&e and that leaves me $101. for food,and shampoo toilette paper body soap female diapers so once thats paid i get about 50. for groceries im not eligible in ca for food stamps oh and i forgot i have $12, a mnth in copay for meds and been waiting on sec 8 or hud for 5 years i think last time i checked i was 5306 on the waiting list

          • Thats all good but we arent like you we dont have our homes anymore thats why we are trying to get someone to help us ! You have no idea what my life is like now im use to my own home but a bad marriage or man took it from me when i got sick !! You know thats the way it is where i live theres no shootings but the only subsidized aprmt are 40 and 50 yrs old the same ppl been living there all their life and get this mt county has only 8 little apartments in the housing auth. Hands i might as well forget it! Ppl that have money and plenty of things dont have an inkling of what mine and you and the rest of us suffering !! It seems so simple “”i want my own place to live”” but its not and rich folk dont even know how us down on the poverty level lives !! Thank God im blessed everyday hes always with me hes my waymaker !!! My savior my most and best high !! Thank you Jesus for loving us !!!!

      • Obviously everyone’s shark instincts have taken over .Bernidette you should look in to ether a refinance, or a reverse mortgage, Either one would give you relief. There are government offices that can refer you to reputable organizations, in both fields

        • Georgis community affairs will direct you where you might find some help!! Im getting ready to ask about any subsidized housing anywhere !

    • Ask your doctor about help with signing up for pharmaceutical programs for free medications or at a discounted price. is also a good place to see where the cheapest meds are in your area. They ask for zip code and the name of the drug to search. Hope that helps. You can work and still receive SS benefits, ask SS about the Ticket to Work Program. Hope this helps.

    • I’m sure you’re going to get a lot of advice but let’s face it. Many people have to adjust their lifestyle when they have a loss in income. Rather than having others supplement your situation, change your situation.

      • I was just saying to the other person thats getting alot more then i get and she thinks she has it so bad Im very blessed I have a sister that is a penny pincher and some how some way she is also my caregiver she always makes sure i have what i need I just before my husband passed i was so spoiled and i didnt even know what paying a bill was he did everything and i did everything i wanted i never ever had to wait for a payday we were only property mngers but some way he always bought me diamonds we live very comfortable I played bingo usally 3x a week if not 5 and it was always $200. cause like I say i never knew the meaning of no till he passed and i had to start paying and i couldnt do it and then i had a nerves breakdown lost my inner memory cortes then cancer and then copd and couldnt work and had to go on ssi cause when we were mngers they only pay one person so all the money was in his name in the long run know that we all see i was loosing my memory and other motor skills so i get minimal ssi and his ss is not a lot because part of our pay for the 18 yrs of our 24 yr marriage was property mangers and most of income is your resident,telephone,gas and electric car insurance internet we live in CA in Pebble beach area were rents are $2800. to $3,200. for a one bedroom and then we went into mobile home park mngers were we had a triple wide very very nice 2 bedroom Mobile home sunk in bath with fireplace in your master suite that over looked the ocean again rent $3,000. to $4000, all that was great till you become disabled and cant claim none of this

      • Amen sister
        Thats what im screaming to myself !!””if i dont like my situation get up and change its never to late as long as we are breathing !

    • Since I have a disability and I going to college to have AA degree in Computer Science and Graphic Arts. I would like to become more sufficiency to care for myself. I live in low income housing that programs for full time students like Eden Housing Project. I would have always to renewal the lease every year in order to live in apartment in CA because the rents are expensive in private landlords’ apartments. The rents are always cost from $1000 to $2000 for 1 bedroom or 2 bedroom.

  2. If I am currently a California resident and I receive a Section 8 voucher to rent a home or rent with option to buy, can I move to another state and utilize my voucher?

    • if you state says you can. Here in Ohio , law was i have to stay one yr. I am not going no where .I have a sweet apt at a sweet price and just make it on less than 1K i live on .Some here should be grateful for the help they do get. Someday when i do get older it will be less and i can only pray i remain right here in my apt

      • Not true when my daughter in law went from Salinas ca to Shelton WA here voucher was no good they did help her get it faster then some one who has never had it any were but she had like 6 mnths before her sec 8 was approved and also shelton wa is very small place and theirs not a long wait for anyone

    • “Under the voucher program, new voucher-holders may choose a unit anywhere in the United States if the family lived in the jurisdiction of the PHA issuing the voucher when the family applied for assistance. Those new voucher-holders not living in the jurisdiction of the PHA at the time the family applied for housing assistance must initially lease a unit within that jurisdiction for the first twelve months of assistance. A family that wishes to move to another PHA’s jurisdiction must consult with the PHA that currently administers its housing assistance to verify the procedures for moving.”

    • You can go to your local SSA,Office and speak to some. Do you have a my social security online account ? If not, you can go to the SSA,website and create one. Your earnings statements should also be there.

      If your SSDI is less than $755 a month in 2017 and you meet SSI,Financial Criteria with your household income and resources, you should be,eligible for SSI to make up the difference so you receive a total of $755 a month in SSDI and SSI.

      If you are low income, you may qualify for Medicare Savings Program to help with your Medicare costs.

      • if you are eligible for ssi, I believe you would then be eligible for medical & prescription benefits. check with your states welfare agency.

    • Find a case manager or social worker. If you are a senior, call your city or community center and see if they provide those services. If not, call 211and ask if they can refer you to someone who can review your situation. Also, some medical plans have case managers or services (like Kaiser has Altegra, My Advocate). In addition to benefits, you may qualify for utility assistance programs. Talk to a HICAP counselor to make sure that you are in the best Medicare plan for your condition. You may be able to lower your costs.

      • You can get what they call extra help thru the my advocate program if you only get a small check like mine then you will be éligible and they help get your insurance part d premium paid each month !

    • Also, if you have Dependents, they may be eligible for benefits. There are rules, You can call your local SSA office or the toll free number and ask if you have dependents that are not receiving benefits. They can tell you if they may qualify.

    • AND then you call. get up, go get the food card, apply for free phone. Get your heat down with your state who has a form of ”heap or pip )call it. When you go here,compare your income to what is available. No case manager or anyone like that is going to do it for you .Unless you bedridden , you will have to seek and find. Glad i did –Good luck to you and God Bless ya too

      • That’s true. There are so many government programs that exist. Yet the vast majority of these programs are only accessible to people who know of their existence, where they are located, and have the ability to ask to speak with someone from the exact name of the program. It’s one of the ways they keep from providing everyone with everything that they are eligible for. WARNING!!! BEWARE of non government associated websites that claim to determine the various programs you may be entitled to. DO NOT FALL FOR their bait. If you have been going to multiable websites in order to research a specific type of assistance. It’s only a matter of time before your info is sold to a company that will entice you by asking you if you need help in the exact type of assistance that you’ve been researching. A rule of thumb, if it doesn’t end in .gov then AVOID THE WEBSITE. And do not give them any information. A website owner who buys your info will most certainly resell your info to everyone they want. Acouple of good places to begin are at the website to the Department of Human Services. They will have a alpha list with a short description of every program they have to offer. Programs from DHS will be offered by, and funded by the state in which you live. For a list of federally funded programs available, go to There you will be asked about 30 or so questions(the most intrusive question asked is your birthdate). The questions, may seem somewhat random, but they are designed to provide you with a list of all federal programs that you may benefit from and,or are eligible for. So answer the questions accurately. Even if they at times seem silly. Again every program within the list provided to you once all the questions are answered will contain a breif description and the contact info for each program. Don’t get too excited. Not much beyond the handfull of well known programs are easy to get assistance from. They each have their own rules and what can make you eligible for one program, can disqualify you from another.. Personally I suggest learning about all programs that offer the same type of assistance. Ask questions through emails. Never erase those emails as they are indisputable.reference in case you need them. Decide which program is right for your situation by rulling out other programs of the same type. And remember that every social worker who you correspond with, talks to hundreds or thousands of people every week, with similar problems as your own or worse. Good luck. And for your own sake….do not get into a hurry or expect immediate results. Patience and adaptability are two virtues that will save you alot of stress and anxiety.

      • you cant get food stamps if you live in CA they say they give us a supplement income already the social security people say that even though people that get cash aid for 2 people get more then we do but they get Food stamps we get like 130-160- on SSI and food stamps for one person is $218. and for 2 people its over $300. so they get more then we do its sad

    • Hi William, you may write to us and request a review of your records. You can also call our toll-free number at 1-800-772-1213. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. You will generally have a shorter wait time if you call later in the week. Thanks.

  3. Yes i am Building , U.S House and GOV new zip code it may be in NC. sorry address change with PO Box 2 time on the road World wide PO Box 30054 you no some say 15 yer,s other say 20 year,s homeless , 35 year,s NY, MD U.S.C other College SC

    • Hi Lena. Please bear in mind that the decision on when to apply for retirement benefits is a personal one. We can only provide you with the information to help you make the best choice according to your own situation. We suggest you create a My Social Security account to review your earnings record and get an estimate of your future benefits. Remember, we respond to questions and provide general information about our programs through our Blog and Facebook page. If you have a general question, we encourage you to ask here (never post personal information on social media). We hope this helps!

  4. Hi, I have applied so many times for my husband to get some benefits because he has Dementia and he cannot work I am only working in the household my husband is not getting any social security benefits because according to them he did not work enough credit in America, but if he got sick and he has dementia he do not know or remember anything how will he complete four credits I need help with all the payments because my credit card bills getting higher and higher and according to the social security I am making more than minimum.

      • I am in love with my wife we are going well with God thanks for your comment about marriage is true we need to live together for lifetime yeah in God we trust thanks U.S.A we stand

    • do you have a cpr certificate if so ask how can you get paid to take care of him !!! Im very serious i dont know all the details but theres supposably a program thru ssa that pays for a caregivers expertise yo
      U .would call dept of community affairs and ss,dfcds someone should know where to f direct you Good Luck

  5. How can you even start the process with assistance for housing. I got let go at the age of 62, collected some unemployment and had to apply for social security, since getting hired at 62 is not likely to happen, although I keep trying! Since my social ecurity payments are less than 1000.00 per month, how can I find housing assistance?

    • I live in WA state. It took me one year to get on the Housing Program. When the list is open is when you can apply but it does take time. Don’t ever give up and stay in contact with them especially if your situation changes. You can keep watching on their website in your city.

      • one year is amazing!
        HUD Housing wait lists are over 5 yrs in WA State and Ive applied in King and Shoshone County for section 8 (stupid lottery) for over 5 yrs now. I am now homeless due to being very ill (rare autoimmune). I am currently staying with a friend for a week or so hoping an apartment opens up in North Idaho (5 hours away – and MUCH colder).

    • Find all your answers and all services you will need right here
      You sign up housing which can take yrs so get started now. Not all rentals are Metro or low income. You can talk a landlord into putting him in for a renter for housing and most will as they like a check compared to no rent at all. DO NOT be afraid to ask questions.Call get advice . Folks need to learn to read.. YOU would not believe what i have and found .just from looking and doing my homework .God Bless and good luck to you

    • HUD.GOV is where to look for everything related to housing. Btw…I’ve spend MANY MANY hours on that website. Try not to get distracted by all the flashy adds for their programs. Or you might as well make it your homepage. Actually. HUD.GOV will tell you about these programs but for straightforward answered whether or not they have a program that is AMIZINGLY BENIFITIAL…..IF…you meet the requirements. Go to USDA.GOV. and no i did not misprint USDA.GOV. Good luck.

    • Dawn, look under “Need Help ?” at the Rental Assistance link below. It may be a while before space opens up for you to apply. But, don’t get discouraged.

      When you turn 65 and apply for Medicare, you may be eligible for Medicare Saving Program. That link is also below.

      Rental Assistance-

      Medicare Savings Programs-

    • sorry if scrambled – just spent 6months doing copious research in reply to a law firm that had a really uninformed paralegal reply to my accommodations request. (used to work for law firms in NYC, not the dumb blonde one firm thought I was as they found out during a deposition). The link below will get your started – the entire document is 743 pages long, and interestingly other same sourced documents – often have slighly differing requirements (older versions of law?)


      Make sure you keep all records of medical expenses.

      I am writing more incase anyone is also 62 and disabled.
      Bit of history – so you know I’ve been through the ropes and the main person to help yourself is YOU. I will give help to start your research process.

      I arrived in WA state from NYC. After an 89 buidling fire, and ongoing illegal renovations (and work related chemical exposures) my health totally collapsed at the age of 45ish. I was to obtain my Masters. I was completely paralytic and with all organs breaking down.

      It took THREE years to obtain SSD(I) only because I did not “know the ropes”. One had to have in my case a 21 page medal report citing exact legal and medal listings required by SSA. Same for housing it turns out. I had paid thousands into private insurance, disability insurance and did not get squat – unless you have someone to assist you to fill out these copious forms (as I did for people dying of AIDS when I had a minor in City Government) you make one mistake and that’s it.


      The housing has been an equal nightmare – but as a gas guy in NYC told me (the landlord would turn the heat back on when they arrived, turns out the city would notify landlords – who knew? “Knowledge is power” (sort of – takes work to get laws enforced.

      So now even at my local PHA I bring the laws in, and mention I have contacted my Senator. For example, all places insited I go to a doctor to get a note stating I am disabled! SSDI is so hard one must be almost dead. But I have NEVER gone to a traditional M.D. (mother in traditional medicine, read her books and went holistic at a young age). NO M.D. in WA would give me any help as it’s a “non medical freedom state” meaning the Rx companies and other forces can and do remove one’s liscence if supporting the chemically injured (the Rx companies make much of the highly toxic products for home use – OSHA, MSDS)

      Turns out I did not need a current medical note from anybody. If I play their game it turns out this medical note can be from almost anyone, even a social service, or peer support group, or friend! (housing laws are very broad to be more inclusing, SSD is NOT).

      (to much to go over managers head to property managers some know the law, or realize I do, but many hang up and do other illegal things)…

      Turns out that requirement is for those NOT already “verified” by a third party (SSA) as disabled.

      HUD and Fair housing laws state that even if not disabled the record still counts.

      YOUR SSA statement will be your proof of income now for verification resons.


      Go to your states HUD housing online – see what they have in your area. Start from there. Section 8 voucher program, be careful as many places (not related to the PHA) use billions from government (Section 504) to get low cost loans to provide housing, but after one year the rent goes to market rates).

      Project based Section 8. One can not take the voucher ie the rent help is not “portable” but you know what you get up front.

      So sign up for all that are useful to you… you can sign up to multiple places.

      Once you do, and have met all requirements, you will be on a wait list, and if it takes longer then x amount of time (think 3 – 6 months) you will need to be “recertified” which is less time consuming then the original. I closed many savings accounts just to consolidate the information on these forms.

      You can research to find out where they are through HUD or go into your local HUD pha, they have a list (section 8 voucher) and from this list I did research and marked most off after finding them online. I had to do reesarch into their mother company (property managers) to see their funding type. They all get federal assistance and the different types of loans are exhaustive.

      Then your rent is a baseline of 30% of your gross income – minus adjusted expenses. Medical including Medicaire and other verified mecical expenses (the place I got a lawyer reply to denying this based on illegal ativity – the office manager question my chiropractor (back spinal birth thing) and dental stating it was not allowed or had to be seen week to week. All wrong.

      There is an extensive list allowed (extensive) and the week to week is wrong (even ONE time medical expenses). This HUD doc is almost 1k pages long and has formulas.

      To dis allow this meant they would collect more rent then was allowed by law – oops.

      The for being either disabled or elderly – one gets a one only (not both) deduction of $400. There is a electric allowance of $400, and hopefully where I am a utility allowance from 10 to 200 depending on the PHA discretion.

      I am worried myself, but all I have.

      It took 25 years I am a Senior now, and the housing issues are the same nightmare. But I have a background in research (legal and medical) and other experience that I put to work. People such as myself often live in cars and tents as they can not be around any forms of synthetic fragrance (made of left over oil products and highly toxic, it is a from of poisoning).

      This is what my reseach shows.

      Find your local PHA (Public Housing Authority). There are different types of housing. HUD has recently cut back on the Section 8 voucher program, which although it has a quicker turnover, many properties that are privately owned use it as a ruse to obtain assistance then after ONE year the lease goes month to month and the rents can be raised to market rates.

      I found this out by insisting to the Section 8 intake person, which meant at a low SSD(I) income (as I was young) I would not be able to afford this.

      That is because HUD has a program to assist private owners (even much of the assisted living in WA state I found, receives this funding, loans of 1% to even 0% to provide housing).

      I am replying to a legal firm that denied my reasonable accommodation (the manager of a great little place sent my medical records in – oops. and I found the Dr. who owns this and other properties in CA, WA Oregon has elderdly die due to negligance (used to work on Wall St. in financial graphics and not easy but I found their SEC information – deals worth multi millions when they claimed “undue financial burden”.

      I guess what I am trying to say is one starts with research – and often, most often the PHA staff and esp the other forms of housing – the staff just do not have the background to do this research. They are HUD certified but a one week class can’t cover it all. Everywhere I went, under the same laws, the housing forms asked different requirements.

    • This link has the TTP – Total Tenant Payments and many formula’s – meaning even the local PHA can get it wrong as mind did insisting a social worker return a note stating I needed accommodation due to disability (water to clean with instead of synthetic fragrance soaps) She never did, turns out she was moving on to another position and did not inform me – 3 months later I learn of this by both parties.

      Now I know that even HUD allow for a credible statement from the applicant – in this case why not! So you will know yourself.

    • Have you ever thought of renting with a roommate spilt the bills 50/50. ! Im thinking about it but its hard to make changes like i have these past 4.5yrs !!

  6. I have been doing hhomework over a year on trying to get in the hud program.that helps single mothers on ssi to buy a home…I HAVE PAID TO GET MY CREDIT IN BETTER SHAPE.. PLUSES I HAVE MY HOUSE TO SELL.but I haven’t been able to speak to any 1 .that is with the hud program. .can u please help me..

    • I don’t understand why you are seeking assistance from HUD when you own a home. Sell the one you own and then buy what you want.

    • Especially with HUD now under tremendous preassure to NOT fund many programs, and this type especially difficult to find (it is up to the discretion of the local PHA – I only learned after my intake person reduced me to tears as I would not leave until my questions were answered. The reason I switched to project based Section 8 – she even threatened to kill one poor guy who barely spoke English – can I complain sure but one risk many “retaliations” (my own experience. Unlike NYC WA state does not have a law sort of called “the law of the unreliable ear” (tape recorder).

      1 – You don’t need to pay anyone to get your creit in shape – scam artists. Just do what you arealdy know to do.

      2 – Your house is an asset, worth a value and even if you don’t sell it HUD (PHA so on) all connected will consider it an asset at market value.

      3 – Why are you trying to obtain assistance for housing, when you already own a house? I once met a lawyer with the same SSD as I who was going for Section 8 voucher, when she had over $300K in savings! I suggested she buy a house, and rent out some rooms if need be. Practice law from home as many with chemical injury do, but to want subsidized housing when not POOR and homeless as many are?

      I wanted it for a mobile home park but many do not accept Section 8 vouchers at all.

      So since I am pretty sure you won’t qualify, perhaps stay where you are and rent out a room or so to assit you.

  7. I live in Louisville ky and my current landlord was taking section 8 payments. Now because of my stupidity i took myself off sec 8 because they said my ssdi was too high. I have been struggling since then to pay all my bills and have even gone the route of putting myself on cc debt just to keep up with things and go to a food bank once a month fr food. Come july 2017 i will be forced on medicare because i cant afford private insurance after they take out what is it $131 a month just for part A then 20% fees ? Plus my rent will go up soon..can’t ask if she will go back to section 8 voucher program til I find out if I am eligible for it still. Any answers or questions for me? I have been off the voucher program for less than 2 years if that helps.

    Thank you

    • Hi! You usually don’t pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance), and the standard Part B premium amount in 2017 is $134.00. Medicare enrollees who have limited income and resources may get help paying for their premiums and out-of-pocket medical expenses from Medicaid. Please visit the Medicare website or call the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services at 1-800-633-4227 to learn more. For Section 8 or housing assistance programs visit the U.S Department of Housing and Urban Development official website.

    • I learned the very hard way to never trust anyone from Government.

      Talk to your local PHA they have programs for those about to be homeless, in shelters so on. One gets points for certain situations and that accelerates your position on the “wait list”.

      Not sure who told you your SSDI was to high, the landlord or PHA (HUD). One can research the caps on this. It is an unfortunate thing that many, myself included learn of these things when we think we are doing things correctly.

      I had a “nice” lady call (and just barely out of vegetative state, bedridden for years and “new” to all of this) call and ask if I wanted SSI (was young so from SSA that meant supplemental security income. I was on 300 a month food stamps and welfare. My friend totally took care of me.

      I never received a penny. YET, when my SSD(I) came in three years later, the amouont of Welfare was subtracted to pay back the SSI – I never received. I was more functional at this point but housebound but when I called and eventually got through I was told that I received SSI when I received SSD(I) so they took it back!!!

      Now decades later, after doing tons of reseach it turns out ONE can receive both it is just adjusted. In other words they LIED!

      Just staff at the bottom trying to get their money back, yet when I worked 70 hours a week, night collage and pre Masters, I knew many workinig off the books and collecting benefits of all sorts!

      I treat myself holistic and wish I did not have Part B medicare as it pays for nothing I need.

  8. Neither Nancy Berryhill nor FOIA works to secure public information necessary for good government on Social Security Matters blog. Impeach the Acting Commissioner or the “Moderator” who does the espionage and censorship from civilian office for moderate computer hacking of her two questions of law other than unauthorized access to stored records on and affiliated with Social Security Matters blog. Ms. Berryhill may be too fat to produce SSA reports, only commit crimes against them like the MJ estate, before Christ for $674 for three years without COLA in violation of (Revelation 13:10). Elect me both Commissioner of Social Security and White House Budget Director until you learn to do the work.

    1. Is the Commissioner going to purchase the Budget Declaration of the United States by paying the 3% COLA from January 1, 2017 to avoid collective punishment for waging benefit attrition?

    2. Is the Commissioner going to adjust the DI tax rate to 2.4% in 2017 to be legible on pay-stubs and 2.2% in 2018 and in the intermediate projection, to have the standing to tax the rich Congressional and Presidential tax evaders to end poverty by 2020 and pay 16-24 million poor children an SSI within one quarter of eliminating the taxable income limit on contributions?

    The immunity of executive privilege is limited to civil damages claims, just like Sec. 204 (c) of the Social Security Act 42USC404(c) administrative officials must pay to be immune. Neither the doctrine of separation of powers, nor the need for confidentiality without more, can sustain an absolute, unqualified Presidential privilege of immunity from judicial process under all circumstances. The President cannot, through the assertion of a broad and undifferentiated need for confidentiality and the invocation of an absolute, unqualified executive privilege, withhold information in the face of subpoena orders under Cheney v. U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, 542 U.S. 367 (2004)

    In the case of the president, or any executive or judicial officer wantonly abusing his trust, he is liable for impeachment. In the Federalist Papers, Alexander Hamilton explained that the subject of impeachment would be those offenses which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or, in other words, from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself. Impeachment is designed to bridle the executive if he engages in excesses. It is designed as a method of national inquest into the conduct of public men. Impeachable offenses are those that (1) are extremely serious, (2) in some way corrupt or subvert the political and governmental process, and (3) are plainly wrong in themselves to a person of honor, or to a good citizen.

    The nature of such offenses is that they are rather obviously wrong, whether or not ‘criminal’ and which so seriously threaten the order of political society as to make pestilent and dangerous the continuance in power of their perpetrator. The jurisdiction is to be exercised over impeachable offenses, which are committed by public men in violation of their public trust and duties. Those duties are, in many cases, political. Strictly speaking, then, the power partakes of a political character, as it respects injuries to society in its political character. Further, contemporary experts agree that there are different standards for impeachable and criminal conduct. Deprivation of relief benefits, failure to pay legal child support obligations and tax evasion are duties that must be fulfilled or SSA’s tort of negligence is criminal for want of civil damage payment of obligations under Art. 36 of the Statute of the International Court of Justice to publish not pillage:

    Sanders, Tony J. Budget Declaration of the United States of America. Social Security Amendments of January 1, 2017. White House Office of Management and Budget FY 2018. 2017 Annual Summer Solstice Instructions to the Board of Trustees of the Federal OASDI Trust Funds and SSI Program. Hospitals & Asylums HA-1-1-17


    • Unfortunately, but for security reasons, we do not have access to personal records in this blog. Please continue working with your local office. If you are unable to visit the local office, you can call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213, representatives are available Monday through Friday between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Generally, you will have a shorter wait time if you call later in the week. Thanks.

    • Hard to read all caps, and not sure exactly the question save for your benefits were cut off. You must keep all paperwork and may have to go through court as I did, and ALJ – then one receives back payments that were denied.

      There may be a pdf version of this book now.

      This is the BEST book on benefits (SSDI and other) written by lawyers. I found it after years of struggle and was totally incapacitated. Could not walk, talk even cognate – nightmare then to do any paperwork (friend tried but all wrong).

  10. My adult son is disabled from birth and receives Soc. Sec./SS. ALSO, when my son is able to work (i.e. when he is working, which is very sporadic and only part time), depending on what his wages are, he may or may NOT also receive Supplemental Security Income/SSI. The following, then, is an example of my reason for writing: At one point and for a short period of time, my son was working and still receiving SSI but his wages were too much during that period and he should not have received the SSI, and subsequently my son had to pay back all of the SSI that had been paid to him. My son is renting an apartment within the HUD housing program. We know and understand that HUD utilizes the EIV (Enterprise Income Verification) system in order to calculate and determine my son’s rent amount. However, the EIV system reports (shows) ONLY ALL of my son’s SS and/or SSI benefits/ INCOME (in dollar amounts) paid to him, but it does NOT also report (show) any of the amounts my son has paid back (to SSI). The SSI monies my son has had to pay back SHOULD BE SUBTRACTED from the EIV’s SS/SSI amounts, or at least these paid back amounts SHOULD BE INCLUDED on the EIV report so as to show a true, correct and complete report of my son’s SS/SSI income.Thus, when HUD uses the EIV in determining and calculating my son’s rent amount, HUD does not have ALL of the true and complete information from the EIV system. The EIV is an inept and poor system because it SHOULD ALSO SHOW any SS/SSI amounts PAID BACK by the individual AS WELL AS the amounts paid to the individual. This EIV system is NOT accurate, therefore, it is NOT at all dependable and this aspect of the system needs to be FIXED IMMEDIATELY! SO, how, then do we (How, then does my son) go about getting a CORRECT accounting to the HUD workers so that they have accurate information when determining and calculating my son’s CORRECT rent amount? Is there another SS/SSI source for this COMPLETE and CORRECT information? Please, Help! Thank you!

    • Unfortunately, but for security reasons, we do not have access to personal records in this venue. We encourage you to contact your local Social Security office or call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213, Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. for further assistance and a thorough explanation. Thanks.

      • Dear Ray Fernandez, Please re-read my message in order that you may understand more clearly that I am not asking, nor did I ask, for anything that would require whatsoever anyone’s access to anyone else’s personal record(s). If you please re-read my message, you will see that I AM asking for an answer as to HOW we might get or how EIV might obtain and report correctly my son’s SS/SSI benefits AND INCLUDE, as well, the payments dates and amounts concerning the SSI monies he did indeed pay back in full to SS/SSI. Then, and only then, can my son’s landlord (HUD) have the correct information by which to completely and accurately calculate and determine my son’s rent. HUD (my son’s ;landlord) only sees from the EIV that he was paid SS/SSI, BUT the EIV does NOT also show THAT MY SON PAID BACK ALL OF THE SSI. Therefore, the EIV is an erroneous, incomplete, and inaccurate record with wrong information. Based on this, then, my son’s landlord (HUD) cannot possibly make a correct calculation and determination of what my son’s rent should be, when the landlord (HUD) sees the EIV and it shows that my son ONLY received the SS/SSI amounts but NOT THAT HE HAD PAID BACK IN FULL ALL THE SSI BENEFITS.So, TRULY, my son did NOT receive the SSI benefits as “income” when in fact, he had to turn right around and immediately pay all these SSI benefits back. Thank you. Sincerely, Viv S.

  11. i need to know about the hud programs offered through social security and the rental assistance program s! i dont receive any of thís documentation and i never have! please send me all literature available pertaining to social security , disability benefits ! at the present time…i am homeless! and i am a disabled wídow!! thank you sir or madam! laura w.

    • Hi Laura, we can only provide general information on our Retirement, Survivors, Disability, Medicare and the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) programs on this blog. If you have a general question, we encourage you to ask it here. But remember, never post personal information on social media.
      Some individuals may be eligible to receive social services from the state in which they live. These services include Medicaid, free meals, housekeeping help, transportation or help with other problems. You can get information about services in your area from your state or local social services office. Or you can visit the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) web page for more information. We hope this information helps!

  12. Hello I am trying to buy a house through the Deptartment of Agriculture and they said i need a verification letter for the past two years so i need 2016, 2017 and when i started receiving disability. I also need a RD3550-1, RD35504-4. Your help would be appreciated if you could male the forms to me and the letters so i can mall it to them.

  13. Question: I am 76 years old working making $2000 a year. i a widowed i received a combined amount of my husbands and my SS I received a letter recently that they took $1 fro my husbands and added it to my account, then reduced my benefit $1 per Month. Will they cojtinue this preactice every year although you are allowed to make as much as you want after 65 years?

    • Hi Janet! Unfortunately, your question is a bit more complex than we can handle in this blog. For security reasons we do not have access to personal records in this venue. One of our representatives should be able to provide you with an explanation and answer your questions about this matter. Please call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Thanks.

  14. I just read somewhere that there is a secret key code people can use to log into their account accesses; for personal reasons. How do I receive one of those account codes for my personal use and secreted ?

  15. I just read that there is personal code access number that is used for access to an account by the owner. I would like to use that for my access in order to lift the electronic hold on my account.

  16. Please send me or forward this Request;; Can I get Rental assistance to pay my share of the rent. I am on SSI. I’m a senior citizen of 57 yrs. old. and disabled with Cancer. Please forward this ..I cant find a reliable address to request rental Assistance. my cell is (951) 434-0203 in Riverside County Califrnia

  17. I was awarded ss disabality in november and my wife is constantly harassing me about money and paying bills.It is to point that i just want to move out of her house and move on to a new life without the the constant abuse and name calling fat ass,lazy,useless piece of carp.Also my wife is a alcoholic drug user.I don’t know which way to turn and very unhapppy.Her whole family which her brother-in is a lawyer and constantly giving her advice to remove me from my home.

  18. I am almost 69 years old.I June.My mortgage is 727.00 monthly my mortgage is variable interest.i have mo money to refinance.was told it would take 5000.00 to get back to conventional rates.The house is in flood zone and has been flooded twice.The house is not worth the payoff.So i have to work or lose my home.My question is this.I make a fair living but i was taxed 85% of my SS.My reyireme t has been taxed before i get it then taxed again at tax time.I have to pay a huge .amount to Federal for the past 2 years.I will have to work till I die..I saw where our President was supposed to increase our SS check for single to 1360.00 a month.Any truth to this

  19. I’m living with my son I just changed my address with Social Security and I would like to know if I pay no rent or utilities how much will my check be cut(decreased)????Please respond thank you

    • Thank you for your question, Cathyann. If you’re receiving “regular” Social Security benefits, your benefits are not affected. However, if you’re receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, we are required to consider any other income and resources available to you. We also take into consideration your current living arrangements.
      Please call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213 for further assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Or contact your local Social Security office directly.

  20. I am recently retired. will be 73 in a few days.. I live at Parkville Catonsville, and pay $909 a month. They just raised my rent $28, and I explained I had to quit work (praise God) in order to be allowed to move in this lovely building. I now live on SS only and was told that I have more SS income that a lot of people. Am I being discriminated because I was able to work until I was 72? My income is only SS. I’m paying off hearing aids, dental work and eye exams. I worked as long as I could and know there are people living in this building that pay less rent than I do. I just want to make sure I’m not being discriminated because I was able to work so long? I’m not asking for a handout just want to verify that I’m being treated fairly. I’m still paying off debt. Adore my 600 sq. ft. apt., which is next to the Maryland Veterans Cemetery where my husband is buried, and I will be interred there too. I am not asking for a hand out just want to make sure I am not being discriminated against since I was able to work so long.

  21. hello i resive ssi every mouth from you guys i really need help i was wondering if you guys can help me withj my move in coast

    scott jorgensen

  22. I have never had to report income from work, when I was on SSD only. I was always told only when I was on SSD thT I have to report wages. Is this correct?

  23. I’m currently receiving $750 in SSI benefits.. my rent has increased to $495.. plus Electric insurance and upkeep…I’m barely able to survive..I need assistance with housing…I have never been on that & am confused as to how to apply. Thank you.

    • Hi Tammy, you may also be eligible to receive additional assistance from the state where you live. These services include Medicaid, free meals, housekeeping help, transportation or help with other problems. You can get information about services in your area from your state or local social services office. You can also visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) web page for more information. We hope this information helps.

  24. Dear Staff,
    I am in the process of applying for a home loan. The loan application asks for a Social Security Awards Letter.
    When I click on benefits verification, it refers me to MY
    SOCIAL SECURITY account. Well, wouldn’t you know the SSA will not allow me to have an account (nor my son) because we have the same initials. I am denied the ability to keep track of my SSA account (as is my son), and I am denied obtaining a critical piece of data for the loan application.
    I seem to be in a “Catch 22” situation and am unable to resolve this.
    I have visited the SSA office here on three occasions and have been told they can only give me a number to try to open an account once more.
    The last time I was there, I was pointedly asked why I keep coming back for answers because they do not write the regulations.
    I am most frustrated as I expect my government to help me, not to create obsticals that must be overcome.
    Any help would be appreciated. Thank you for you assitance.
    E. Mansel Woolsey

    • We’re sorry that you had difficulty accessing your my Social Security account. If you are still having trouble accessing your account, please call our dedicated my Social Security-Hotline. To reach this hotline, call 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “helpdesk”; or contact your local Social Security office.
      If you’re unable to access your account, you can ask one of our agents to mail you the benefit verification letter you need. Thanks!

  25. I would like to apply for HUD’s Rental Assistance Program. It’s only two of us i.e. me and my wife. Our combined incom doesn’t permit us to afford paying Rent for our apartment we have rented in a private housing complex.

    I will be highly obliged if you could provide me detailed information and eligibility requirements enabling me to formally apply for this program.

  26. How does this method allow an applicant to receive housing assistance when we are told that Section 8 vouchers have not been given out in Flodida for over 4 years except VASH? What stepa should one take to get a voucher in Fla.?

  27. To whom may concern,
    I get a portion of my SSI and i would like to know if i decide to go back to work full time and later to decide to return to get my benefits could i do so? Cause SSI is not paying the bills of family of three.

  28. I have forgotten my password for soc sec my acct and now it is locked! how do I sole this issue? I have done everything they have asked!

    • Hello Kathy. If you are unable to create an account or encounter a problem with your my Social Security account, you may:
      •Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “helpdesk”; or
      •Contact your local Social Security office. Thanks!

  29. I am concerned about verifying my mother’s property taxes should remain frozen annually. She is 92 yrs old. She is still living independently but can no longer drive. I take my mother wherever she needs to go. Do you offer a method to prove her annual income online or by U.S. mail so that she does not have to go to the Social Security Office in person?

    • Hello Lynda, some people may have to pay federal income taxes on their Social Security benefits. This usually happens only if you have other substantial income(such as wages, self-employment, interest, dividends and other taxable income that must be reported on your tax return). Your question seems to be an income tax question, and you will need to contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Their toll-free number is 1-800-829-1040.
      You may call our toll free number at 1-800-772-1213 for further assistance. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Generally, you will have a shorter wait time if you call later during the day or later in the week. Thanks!

  30. cost of living issues around the Seattle areas… we need more than $20.00 a year for SSI D we have 12,000 homeless and I can bearly afford to buy a home as all have been hording them for air bbs vbros and real Eastate agents too are flipping them right and left!
    I’m 62 from here, parents worked for the Naval ship yard building war ships and medical records for servicemen, women.
    the minimum wage will increase in a year or 2 to $15.00 hourly and SSI needs to meet annual increases just not a USA Average. I’ll write gov Jay Inslee too. the people, tribes locals are going beyond broke, nearly homeless in Seattle. Yvonne
    206.650.4284 ps wage earners on ssi should have part time work year round to help the US and US here 🇺🇸☠☕️ PS. Starbucks is world wide from here!

  31. I have been trying to get into my account and can not in. Is there any way to allow me to get into my account. My Name is Benjamin Holland and I would like to get in.

  32. I wish Social Security understood the poverty levels some of us are at which is $875 a month. My late father (a Vietnam Veteran) left some land to me but if I were to apply for a home loan they would only laugh at me 😥. I lost everything in the November Wildfires here in Tennessee, lost my father (a Vietnam Veteran), and lost my mother (all within 5 months). If there are any resources out there or some ways to get supplement benefits I would be very grateful for any help! I would love to have my own home before God calls me home. It’s just sad that there aren’t any resources for those of us that have the inherited land but no way to get help for a well, sewer, and footers for at least a modular home or help to build a small home! If anyone could give me some information that would be a blessing for me. Thank you very much and God Bless!

    • Hello Kimberly. There are quite a few construction, well and septic companies out there that OFFER A LENDING HAND to those in need. Even if it’s in the form of LOWERING the cost, OR making payment arrangements with you.
      You just need to get on the phone and find the best SUITABLE ONE for your needs….I hope my comment has helped, in some form or fashion. Good luck!

  33. Portable Home Monitors. I am having difficulty finding the benefits section that covers portable home monitors under Medicare. Where can I locate it?

  34. Is anybody working on the rental market for the elderly? I live in a 55 and over and our rents keep going up. Are there any programs or help with that> It needs to be on a ballot to make rents stay affordable for us seniors. I wrote the Governor Brown to no avail. I’d like a cap put on housing for over 55.

  35. I am going to receive section 8 housing assistance. I have been homeless for 39 years and Supportive Services for Veteran Families provided me with housing. they paid for everything and section 8 will be picking up the tab from them. I hope this doesn’t change my income on S.S.I. because one third of my check is dedicated to the rent.

  36. I am trying to get a VA Spousal/Widow mortgage for where I am residing. Otherwise, I will need to move. I am receiving SS Widow’s benefit.

  37. Question I’m socail Security disability making 847 a month as of this year how do I go about getting into a HUD home with my wage I never heard that you could get housing assistance through Social Security please help me my husband died of 13 years in March I am currently staying with my sister as 5 people in a 3 bedroom home and it’s hard can you please help me in teach me how to get into a HUD home I live in Pflugerville Texas and I actually don’t want to go too far away from Pflugerville if you could please let me know something I appreciate it I do know that this is a comment section but I didn’t know where to ask the question that’s why I’m leaving this comment to find out an answer thank you

    • Hello Karen, if you are unable to create an account or encounter a problem with your my Social Security account, you may:
      •Call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “helpdesk”; or
      •Contact your local Social Security office.
      You may also be eligible to receive additional assistance from the state where you live. These services include Medicaid, free meals, housekeeping help, transportation or help with other problems. You can get information about services in your area from your state or local social services office. You can also visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services web page for more information.
      We hope this information helps!

  38. Good morning. I just received this information about housing. I am disabled and I am on S.S. Disability.
    I would very much appreciate more information regarding help with housing help. Thank you.

  39. I need a statement of my future earnings for 2018. This is for apartment rental where I am now living . I have one for each year except 2018. I can’t renew my lease without this statement. Thank you

  40. Hello, I am 66yrs. old, please send me information on housing assistance, to C. Owens, 3803 N. 54th Street, Tampa, Fl. 33619. Thank you 🙏

  41. I currently reside in Macon, GA. I receive a housing discount due to SSI. I need help, but I am in a 1 bedroom. I need a family member’s help. How may I apply for a 2 bedroom, even if it means relocating to Florida where children and grandchildren reside.

  42. I am very grateful for all the information that is posted online. It helps me to stay current with changes and such.

  43. My name is Paul Kussmann @ 3405 Caleb RD, Snellville,GA 30039. SSN- *** – ** – ***. What is Housing assistance entail or what do I need to apply. My question is what is it. How do I qualify. Paul Kussmann @ 706-474-0104.
    Thank You

    • Hello Paul, for information on public housing assistance visit the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development website.
      Just a reminder – We do not have access to personal information, therefore, we do not do direct messaging in this venue. Please be cautious about posting personal information on social media and communicating personal information via email. Thanks!

  44. I believe the Social Security shall be reinvented re-organized, studies say in the USA the Elderly people are under care, and Social Security and Medicare funds are very low special for families with low resources, they are obligated to live with family, that deprive them to have privacy, and cannot sleep enough or take care themselves. Medicare part A is very costly $134.00 plus Part B and supplement, and none of those included Dental, Hearing, VIsual,. The Government MAN?WOMEN forgot about their poor parents. excuse may English.

    • Yes they do forget us i live with family and i know im unwanted but how can i make it own !843 a month unless i can find subsidized housing !

  45. Last year I received approx. 30.00 increase, but with food prices, utility increases, my liabilities increased by 65.00. NOT GOOD. Why was obama allowed to steal sixty billion of our money, not the governments money, put it somewhere else, and nit get prosecuted for theft, embezzlement, elder abuse, and numerous other crimes I can think of. I was an accountant and know Social Security is my money and my employers, who put in the other half. So, what is up?

  46. I have only make 803. a month in social security. I need help with applying for ssi, or rent benefits. Please contact me at 561.275.0342. My name is Sandra Munn. I cant seem to get the full benefits that are allowed, for my situation.

    • Hi Sandra. The Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a needs-based program that pays benefits to individuals with very low income and resources. The SSI monthly(maximum) Federal amounts for 2018 is $750 ($771 in 2019).
      You may be eligible to receive additional assistance from the state where you live. These services include Medicaid, free meals, housekeeping help, transportation or help with other problems. You can get information about services in your area from your state or local social services office.
      You can also visit the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) web page for more information. Thanks!

  47. I live on $843 a month ive tried everywhere to get into subsidized housing we dont have it in our county except 8 apartments built in 1940 the waitlist is 20 yrs im jot joking ! You said you paid off your mortage thats something of a blessing what if you were like me i got sick my husband left me lost our home quit his job and left me with nothing . i cant find a susidized apartment ! Does anyone know something i dont will ss help me with housing !!

  48. Can I apply for housing with my son who is special needs and my common in law wife. I have 2 other children as well who are not special needs . I am in a shelter. Can I apply with all of them on the same case ?

  49. I have a question about help paying rent for a disabled person. This is for myself. I heard of a voucher that gives you $1,000 to help with rent. I’m terrible with on-line things and couldn’t get a customer service representative. Just wanting to know how to apply.

  50. I have misplaced the copy of the new version of the SS Card sent to me. Please forward another one to me at:

    Willie G. Buchanan
    1313 Carowinds Circle
    Maryville, TN 37803-6780

    Thank you so very much and I look forward to receiving the new card as requested.

  51. I have misplaced the copy of the new version of the SS Card sent to me. Please forward another one to me at:

    Willie G. Buchanan
    1313 Carowinds Circle
    Maryville, TN 37803-6780

    Thank you so very much and I look forward to receiving the new card as requested.

  52. 1180 per month for ticket said program is too low after deduction you don’t have much to live on example rent cost 1200 a month why is so low not realistic in today world

  53. Did housing or rent go up for the elderly? I am 71 and my rent went up $20—I thought Dr Ben Carson said he wasn’t going to raise the rent in government housing for my age group?

  54. Is award letter from social security good all year long for applications for HUD Apts
    ?management said if over 100 n something days go to social security office n get up dated letter.

    • Hi Betty, thank you for your question. You can get a benefit verification letter online instantly by using your personal my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a budget letter, a benefits letter, a proof of income letter or a proof of award letter.

      To set up your account, visit the my Social Security web page and select, “Sign In or Create an Account.” You will need to provide some personal information to verify your identity, choose a username and password and follow the rest of the steps to finish creating your account. Once you create your account, scroll down to the Benefits and Payments section and choose “get benefit verification letter” where you can instantly view, print, or save your official letter.

      If you are unable to create an account or encounter a problem, you may call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. At the voice prompt, say “helpdesk” or you can contact your local Social Security office.

  55. Jan 10 2019
    Dear Soc Security Administration This Dyrotha Todd 1576A I Concerned About My Overall Safety After So Many Falls Most Recent In The Office Here In Chicago On Washington Around Clinton. The Way My Leg Gave Out After Being In The Room To Long And Seemly As If Someone Wants To End My Life Or It’s Quality I’m Also Pregnant I Get Nausa A lot But I’m Concerned About Medical Treatment Is The Government Alright I’m Not There Is A Lot Of Medicare Bills Paid But Hospitals Actually Don’T Give Me All That Treatment Honestly It Hurts Me Sorry But I Must Be Honest Just The Other Day I Went To Weise 4646 Marine Drive And The Doctor Refuse To Treat Me And Another Day I Waited To Be Seen And Fell Asleep I Went To The Wash Room My Left Eye Was Full Of Crust And Right Under My Eye Hurts I Will Go To The Eye Specailist School On 33 Michigan In The Morning Urgent Care The Hate Crimes Have Esculated As If Someone Is Obsessed With Hurt And Kill Me And The Quality Of My Life And Unborn Baby. Please IF You Have A Clinic And Hospital Here Were I CAn Receive My Medical Treatment Because I Am So Concerned About My Leg Injury Fron The Security Office You Guys As Well Be Aware Of People Taken Advantage Of Myself And Other Disabled People No One Should Be Changing My Socail Security Information Or Receiving My Benefits But Myself Please I Have Been Victimized I’m Concerned About My Mom Being Elder If Someone Takes From Her Check Does Socail Security Have Governmental Housing Since I Fell I Need Better Housing And Options 2 Bedroom Hardwood Floor 30% Of My Income Accessible For Hurt Pregnant Visually Impair With Congestive Heart Failure And Concern Now About Diabetes. TEARS SAVE ME AND MY FAMILY I’m Hurt And Now Hate Crime Victime With Leg Injury…… Dyrotha Todd SCAMMERS ARE NOT JUST PLAYING AGENT THERE HURTING AND STEALING FROM ME AND POSSIBLE OTHERS BUT I NEED SO MUCH MORE HURTING I ASK FOR A JOB IN MY CONDITION THEY WANT HIRE ME. Soory TEARS MIRACLES NEEDED ARE YOU ALL OK????????

  56. I am disabled . They told us to report my husband pay very month . We did but the I got sick and my husband said Soc.Sec. Already at his pay Stubbs on file. Because they would figure out What my benefits would be . Soc.Sec stop sending my benefits . I could not in to office I was ill

    • We are sorry to hear about your situation, Piroska. For your security, we do not have access to private information in this venue. We ask members of our Blog community to continue to work with their local office with specific questions about their case. You can also call us at 1-800-772-1213 (TTY 1-800-325-0778) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. We hope this is resolved soon.

  57. hi im on ssi and ssdi have been for 20 plus years i need housing assistance i have a lenghty arrest record mostly cause of drugs i currently have 34 months clean tommarow im not on parole or probation can you please help me with anything that might help me as i will soon be homeless i live in springfield il thanks

  58. I’m in need of affordable housing and I’m only on a fixed income SSDIcan you help me get housing . waiting lists are so long I’m not 65 yet but I need hosing now I prefer section 8 if possible

  59. does social security assist someone who does not have enough money to add rooms to their home? and maybe a new roof too. I am disabled and I live with my dad as his caregiver. he is also disabled, my daughter and her family live with us to assist with my health care and my dad. we need to add 2 bedrooms to the house, is there any kind of help available to us ?

  60. I think social security is necessary especially for the senior citizen who has no one to take care of them and for the disabled people… and there are other groups of people indeed needed the helped! cutting it down and not solving the solve would definitely not a wise decision according to me!
    My Home:

  61. Hey my apartments are doing recertification and my son receives SSI benefits. When I was signing into the my account which has been a while I locked it I guess. So I was wondering if I could get a copy of the action notice for 2019 no older than 4 months she said

    • Hi, Francisca. Thanks for your question. Typically, after we receive your application and verify your documents, you should receive your Social Security card by mail within 10 business days. To follow up on your application for a Social Security replacement card, you may have to return to the office where you filed your application. On your receipt there should be a local phone number for you to call and speak to someone about the status of your card. You can also find your local office information here. We hope this helps.

  62. I’m 84 and moving to a senior facility. The director wants a Social Security award letter. I could not find such a heading on your website. How do I get one?

  63. I am nearly 65 years old and have worked all my life I have found myself homeless. I do have a BS and currently staying with a friend. I know this will not last forever. Please help me and guide me to any type of assistance out there. I don;t know where to start. I am alone and recently buried both my parents. They had a nice home but; unfortunaley my childhood home was lost when they died. Please guide me I am desparate and my health is not good. I never believed this could happen to me. Please help me I an an American citizen and a senior what am I going to do?

    • Hi Kim. We are sorry for your situation. Even though we, Social Security, cannot helps you with housing and other assistance, there are agencies in your State that may be able to help you. You may be eligible to receive social services from the state in which you live. These services include free meals, housekeeping help, transportation, or help with other problems. To get information about services in your area, and find out if your brother qualifies, you will need to contact your state or local social services or welfare office. You should also contact your local Medicare SHIP (State Health Insurance Program Coordinator) to discuss your health insurance options. We hope this helps.

  64. This cola we are about to receive all goes to our rent increase except one dollar so how are we getting a increase in our Socical security it all goes to hud so we do not get a raise hud gets the raise it is so unfair to. All seniors

  65. If you get Social Security and do not have housing , is it lawful for the apartment complex to demand your increase award ? I do not like giving out information that is not necessary and do not think it is the land lords business, unless our rent is supplemented by housing or HUD

  66. I gave section eight my reward letter but it varies be I work do I have to report that each month or can section eight look that information up by using my social security number

  67. Hello, I’m trying to get information on how to stop income taxes taken out of my disability check each month. Please help in solving this issue.

  68. Federal laws should sync throughout the federal would make senior living much more simplistic, which is what we need input old age!!!!

Leave a Reply to Christie Fox Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *