Get Your Social Security Benefit Statement

" "Tax season is approaching, and we have made replacing your annual Benefit Statement even easier.  The Benefit Statement, also known as the SSA-1099 or the SSA-1042S, is a tax form we mail each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits.  It shows the total amount of benefits you received from us in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to the IRS on your tax return.

If you live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, simply go online and get an instant, printable replacement form using your personal my Social Security account.  A replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S is available for the previous tax year after February 1.

If you already have a my Social Security account, you can log in to your account to view and print your SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S.  If you don’t have access to a printer, you can save the document to your computer or email it to yourself.  If you don’t have a my Social Security account, creating one is very easy to do and usually takes less than 10 minutes.

If you’re a non-citizen who lives outside of the United States and you received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, we will send you form SSA-1042S in the mail.  The forms SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S are not available for people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.

With a personal my Social Security account, you can do much of your business with us online.  If you receive benefits or have Medicare, your personal my Social Security account is also the best way to:

  • Request a replacement Social Security number card (in most states and the District of Columbia).
  • Get your benefit verification letter.
  • Check your benefit and payment information.
  • Change your address and phone number.
  • Change your direct deposit information.
  • Request a replacement Medicare card.
  • Report your wages if you work and receive Social Security disability insurance or SSI benefits.

Visit our website to find more about our online services.


277 thoughts on “Get Your Social Security Benefit Statement

  1. I need the 1099 replacement forms for 2019 for both SS Retirement payments and the disability payment of 2019.

  2. Hi Sir/Mam, sent a comment yesterday, not sure if you have read it. I am living here in the Philippines, survivor’s beneficiary of a US Citizen husband who died in 2015. I am not a US Citizen nor a resident of the US. I am receiving my pension through direct deposit for 6 months provided that I have to report to SSA whenever I arrived to USA and leave for the Philippines. Due to COVID I was not able to go there in May. I just want to know if I am entitled to stimulus package given by the SSS last May, I am not paying taxes as the annual amount of pension I am receiving is exempt from tax. . .

  3. Hello – I want to add voluntary tax deductions for federal and state taxes to my SSA account. Where do I that? Can’t find it in my SSA account. Thank you

  4. My name is Irma Colon Salo and I,m trying to obtain a help the SSA1099 2019 or Mrs. Lydia Plaza Rosado, SS *** – ** – ***. she lives at Jardines del Caribe 27W21 in Ponce Puerto Rico, (who is my neighbor) 81years and has no internet or computer to get it. Her telephone number 787-247-9528 , fax numbre 787-844-9981 spanish only.please
    Mrs Lydia Plaza needs this document to access for seniors citizens benefits here in Puerto Rico.

    • Hi Lydia, thanks for using our blog. If you are unable to use our online services, you may be able to request a replacement SSA-1099 by using our automated telephone service at 1-800-772-1213. You can conduct the automated services 24 hours a day. At the prompt, indicate that you’re requesting a replacement SSA-1099. If that doesn’t work for you, you can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *