Get Your Social Security Benefit Statement (SSA-1099)

Tax season is approaching, and Social Security has made replacing your annual Benefit Statement even easier. The Benefit Statement is also known as the SSA-1099 or the SSA-1042S. Now you can get a copy of your 1099 anytime and anywhere you want using our online services.

A Social Security 1099 is a tax form Social Security mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to the IRS on your tax return.

If you live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, simply go online and request an instant, printable replacement form through your personal my Social Security account.

A replacement SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S is available for the previous tax year after February 1.

If you already have a my Social Security account, you can log in to your online account to view and print your SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S. If you don’t have access to a printer, you can save the document on your computer or laptop or even email it. If you don’t have a my Social Security account, creating one is very easy to do and usually takes less than 10 minutes.

If you receive benefits or have Medicare, your my Social Security account is also the best way to:

  • Get your benefit verification letter;
  • Check your benefit and payment information;
  • Change your address and phone number;
  • Change your direct deposit information;
  • Request a replacement Medicare card; or
  • Report your wages if you work and receive Social Security disability insurance or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits.

If you’re a noncitizen who lives outside of the United States and you received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, we will send you form SSA-1042S in the mail. The forms SSA-1099 and SSA-1042S are not available for people who receive Supplemental Security Income (SSI).

With a personal my Social Security account, you can do much of your business with us online, on your time, like get a copy of your SSA-1099 form. Visit our website to find out more.


1,346 thoughts on “Get Your Social Security Benefit Statement (SSA-1099)

  1. i do not have the checks in my account bank for 5 month is any problem with the social security . can you send me a letter saying . any changes . so i can do something for my life .. but can you send it to me .. claudia magali torres 7650 riverwood ln frisco texas 75036

  2. Hi ,

    I need assistance for my Mother, name
    Juliet Carlos Austria, 2020 Award letter
    from Social security for her Department of public health snap & Medicaid applications requirements.

    Thank you for your help


  3. I tried to setup my social security account and made a mistake and it locked me out for 24hrs. I need a copy of my reward letter today

    • Hi Neal, thanks for using our blog. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions web page on how to obtain a replacement 1099. You also may be able to request a replacement SSA-1099 by using our automated telephone service at 1-800-772-1213. You can conduct the automated services 24 hours a day. At the prompt, indicate that you’re requesting a replacement SSA-1099.

      For an SSA-1099 for 2018 or earlier, call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

  4. I can’t remember my password. I don’t see the problem you have with sending a 1099 to the address you are supposed to send it every year.

Leave a Reply - (comment policy)

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *