Five Resources to Prepare You for RetirementReading Time: 2 Minutes
Last Updated: July 29, 2021
Social Security wants to help you prepare for a secure, comfortable retirement. “Security” is our middle name and we want everyone to enjoy the fruits of a lifetime of labor.
We mentioned before that being prepared when you retire can open new avenues of possibilities. Our website has tools and information to help you secure today and tomorrow. When it comes to retirement, we’ve got you covered with five important tools:
- Our Retirement Estimator provides estimates based on your actual Social Security earnings record. Plug in different numbers, retirement dates, and scenarios to help you decide the best time for you to retire.
- Use our Retirement Planners to help you find your ideal retirement age, estimate your life expectancy and the amount of your benefits when you retire. You can see the financial effect of retiring at different ages will be, and how various earning amounts will affect future benefits.
- The Medicare section of our website provides information about the Medicare program and answers general questions on Medicare.
- Your personal my Social Security account is one of the most powerful tools available to secure your retirement. With a personal my Social Security account, you can get your Social Security Statement that shows estimates of your future retirement or disability benefits, and the amount your family will receive in survivors benefits. You can check your earnings to verify the yearly amounts that we posted are correct. You can also get estimates of Social Security and Medicare taxes you’ve paid.
- Our online retirement application is an easy, convenient, and secure way to trail-blaze your way to retirement. You can complete it in as little as 15 minutes and, just like that, you can start the retirement of your dreams.
With these five resources, you can stay informed about your retirement options. Information is the first step toward achievement. Be ready for your next adventure!