26 thoughts on “Fight Procrastination and Plan Your ‘Someday’ Now

  1. I’ve done everything I’ve filed, with FTC ,BBB, Credit Unions, debit companies, people who lie and use your email rant on Graiglist, Sittercare.com,care.com that lie, and are alcoholics taking of senior you love and care about I give up

  2. Social Security Amendment of 2016 HA-14-9-15

    Free Disability Insurance Reallocation Tax (DIRT) Act

    To immediately amend the DI tax rate from 1.80% to 2.30%, from 0.90% to 1.15% for employees and from 0.90% to 1.15% for employers under Sec. 201(b)(1)(S) of the Social Security Act 42USC(7)II§401 and amend the OASI tax rate from 10.60% to 10.10%, from 5.30% to 5.05% for employees under 26USC(C)(21)(A)§3101 (a) and from 5.30% to 5.05% for employers under 26USC(C)(21)(A)§3111 (a) to avoid depletion of the Disability Insurance (DI) Trust Fund in 2016 without increasing the overall 12.4% OASDI or 15.3% OASDI and Hospital Insurance (HI) tax-rate under 26USC(A)(2)§1401 beginning October 1, 2015.

    To amend the DI tax rate again in 2018 to 2.20% from 2.30%, from 1.15% to 1.10% for employees and from 1.15% to 1.10% for employers under Sec. 201(b)(1)(S) of the Social Security Act 42USC(7)II§401 and amend the OASI tax rate from 10.10% to 10.20%, from 5.05% to 5.10% for employees under 26USC(C)(21)(A)§3101 (a) and from 5.05% to 5.10% for employers under 26USC(C)(21)(A)§3111 (a) without increasing the overall 12.4% OASDI or 15.3% OASDI and Hospital Insurance (HI) tax-rate under 26USC(A)(2)§1401 to maximize efficiency until a deficit appears in the OASI Trust Fund in 2019.

    Be it enacted by the Actuary, Commissioner and Treasury (ACT)

    Without Income Limit Law (WILL) Act

    To abolish the maximum taxable limit on DI contributions on January 1, 2016 and OASI contributions January 1, 2017 and repeal Adjustment of the contribution and benefit base Section 230 of the Social Security Act 42USC(7)§430.

    To require the Social Security Administration to pay for SSI Costs beginning January 1, 2017.

    To share profits in excess of social security program costs to the general fund of the U.S Treasury on a sliding scale beginning year end 2016 DI 50/50 with the USPS, and OASI 10/90 to eliminate the federal budget deficit. In 2020 OASI would share at negotiated rates an estimated 25/75, by 2025 OASDI would share 50/50 and by 2030 OASDI would save to pay for the peak in costs of Baby Boomer generation in 2035 that might raise the overall OASDI tax rate from 12.4%.

    Be it enacted by the House and Senate assembled

    Signatories: Carolyn Colvin, Commissioner; Stephen Goss, Chief Actuary, Jack Lew, Treasurer. Optional: Shuan Donovan, OMB Director.

    • above is so technical, i did NOT understand any of this; were others like me, and completely lost??

      please SHORT PARAGRAPHS; too hard to read with neuro cognitive problems.

      bettyg, iowa

      • Please have someone read the paragraphs to you, several times, to assist your coping with your unique condition, rather than force us all to trim down our “paragraphs”… ~The subject matter warrants extensive verbiage. We all regret that you have your condition, but please do not force us to adapt to you. ~Sorry, but Majority rules. We appreciate your kind understanding.

  3. will collect next year, sad that Congress raids the SS accounts and TSP G funds etc., stop the spending, cuts costs , not SS, SS needs to stop the limit on earnings or 15.7k (2015), many cannot survive on just SS, stop illegal Immigrants from accessing SS, it is for us citizens , without SS we cannot survive, tell Congress to increase SS for under 65 yrs old.

    • Illegal immigrants do NOT receive Social Security or SSI benefits because people have been required to show proof they are U.S. citizens or legally in the U.S. for many years. In fact, many pay FICA taxes but are unable to collect benefits.

    • Of course, there will be! As an experienced SSA employee told me over 40 years ago, the whole country would have to collapse before the government could stop paying benefits. Congress will eventually make changes so benefits continue.

  4. While working for the Federal Government I suffered a major stroke then was unable to work any longer in order to earn the necessary quarters needed in order to draw my social security. Please tell me what has happened to the hard working quarters which I did earn while working? After all it was my hard working money which was being taken out of my check for payment of my social security. It seems so unfair that while I was working and paying my social security and trying to earn the necessary needed quarters in order to be able to draw by social security, I suffering a major stroke and could no longer work. Please inform me as to what has happened with the quarters I earned while working? Were they given to other workers. I am 82 years old with a pay check of approximately $400.00 a month after taxes are taken away and almost one half of this is spent for my medications. I desperately need my monies which I did pay into social security. After all it is my money for which I worked very hard to earn. Please help me if you can. Mrs. Hattie Thompson Small (1660 40th Street, S.E.) Washington, D.C. 20020

  5. c/o;

    I Hope To Open
    A SSA Account.

    Thank You!
    I Phone 4, Of, (Go Phone), 1(734)276-9068; KMC

  6. I need help from the Deputy Commissioner. My local office will not respond to my reconsideration letters and have blocked me from accessing their SS website. I’ve been fighting to have my benefits to be reinstated for 5 years now, And a Federal Court Judge dismissed any claims made against me. Look I really need your help. I was threatened by them before and I cannot go through that again. Sincerely, Amanda

  7. I served 45 years in serving the United States and now am getting messed over by the United States. I served 25 years in the military and 20 years in civil service. I have ran into 2 very bad situations I do not think is right. After serving and paying Social Security over those 45 years the Social Security rules say unless my wife is a United States Citizen she cannot claim from my Social Security. I think I earned it and my wife should be able to claim it when she turns 65.There are others that have not served and wives have not worked at all and are allowed to draw on their husbands Social Security. Would you please help me with this?

    My second request I am requesting help with is my wife will be able to claim the military SBP but the draw back is Social Security will take out 30% tax on it. I think that is a big exuberant, don’t you.

    Thank you very much for any help you can give me!!

    David Knutson

  8. I think this is a great idea, because it seems so simple – the best thing is when you are in control of your financial future, and that includes small things like this. While you may not be able to control exactly what happens in the future you can put plans in place and stay in control. If it just takes a few minutes I will certainly be doing this.

    • Sophia, thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us! We appreciate you using our online services and we look forward to serving you and the American public in the years to come.

  9. No S.S. raise/cola due to low gas prices ??????? BS, that is a sure thing isn’t it ? Congress and all pet projects come out of our SS fund and we get sh**. SS is going broke but there seems to be enough when the gov.’t wants to borrow some of it. More BS.How much does the gov.’t owe us who have paid into it, 2.75 trillion or more ? Lets hear some more heart breaking stories from our Gov.’t why they need our money. They still lie…………….

  10. I was talking with a friend today who said I should be getting two thirds of my husbands ss check rather than my own. Is this true, am I entitled to two thirds of my husbands as if it is more than what I am getting? I have been paying as for over sixty years and my husband way more than that.

  11. I have tried to log in several times and even though I am retired and on SSI it does not recognize me. What do I have to do now?

    • Hi, Joseph. We are sorry if you’re having difficulty with your personal my Social Security account. For assistance, please call 1-800-772-1213. After you hear “Briefly tell me why you are calling,” say “Help Desk” for help with a my Social Security account. You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions to read information on why you may be unable to create or to access your account. We hope this helps!

  12. I too am having trouble with the website. Today at the SSA office they helped and I got right in on their computer, but as soon as I tried at home CANNOT ACCESS this page!! Please fix this problem or close this problematic website. Have been trying for 2 months.

  13. When you call Social Security if they don’t like your question they put you on hold for another 10 minutes. Then if they still don’t like your question they put you on hold again. I’ve sat on hold for almost 2 hours today. Then the representative said they fixed the problem but he didn’t. Then when I had to call back again and requested the same help I was hung up on. Is there no Customer Service agents left to help customers in need???? The answer is no! And to your question, “Did she ever get the help she needed?” The answer is NO! She is still waiting on hold for her answer to her simple question.

  14. What can I do to change my Direct Deposit ss Income. Please call me to 951-413-6594 . My name is Gloria E. Ayala… Please call me.

Leave a Reply to Hospitals & Asylums Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *