General

Commissioner of Social Security Shares Update about COVID-19 Economic Impact Payments for Beneficiaries

April 3, 2020 • By

“I want to provide an update to people who receive benefits from the Social Security Administration.

The Department of the Treasury (Treasury) announced on April 1 that Social Security beneficiaries who are not typically required to file tax returns will not need to file an abbreviated tax return to receive an economic impact payment. The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 to generate $1,200 economic impact payments to Social Security beneficiaries who did not file tax returns in 2018 or 2019.

Treasury, not Social Security, will make automatic payments to Social Security beneficiaries. Beneficiaries will receive these payments by direct deposit or by paper check, just as they would normally receive their Social Security benefits.

For updates from the IRS, visit their web page.

Note for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Recipients:

We are working closely with Treasury to address outstanding questions about our SSI recipients in an attempt to make the issuance of economic impact payments as quick and efficient as possible. We realize people are concerned, and the IRS will provide additional information on their web page when available. Please note that we will not consider economic impact payments as income for SSI recipients, and the payments are excluded from resources for 12 months.

We will continue to update Social Security’s Coronavirus COVID-19 web page as further details become available.”

Tags: , , , , ,

Andrew Saul, Commissioner, Social Security Administration

Andrew Saul, Commissioner, Social Security Administration

Commissioner of Social Security Administration

Comments

1. nivedita

Hello guys..wow this is nice post.I appreciate your hard work. Keep posting new updates with us. https://whatsappstatuses.xyz/category/bhojpuri/ This is really a wonderful post. Nice Blog Very interesting and useful information on your website. Thanks for sharing the blog and this great information.

2. Theodore M Scott

Where is my September payment.
    tscott.scott60@gmail.com

Hi Theodore, thanks for using our blog. If you did not receive your Social Security or SSI benefit, please contact your bank or financial institution first. They may be able to determine if your direct deposit failed. If you still need to report a late, missing or stolen Social Security payment, call us toll-free at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information. Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

3. Shannon Scagel

My name is Shannon Scagel, my sons name Is Steven Crawford. I receive SSD and my son gets money from my SSD benefit. My sons dad has been using our son as a tax write off and i am the one homeschooling our child and i have residential custody! My son is with me 99 percent of the time. How is that legal?!

4. bogeun lee

I want my social security record update.
    change my name.
    I took citizenship on july 07, 2020
    I want to make an appointment by internet.
    I want to go here
    138-50 Barclay ave, queens. ny 11355
    what to do?

Congratulations, Bogeun! You will need to update your Social Security record by showing us your Certificate of Naturalization and completing an application for a replacement card. All documents must be either originals or certified copies by the issuing agency. We cannot accept photocopies or notarized copies of documents. If you do not want to mail in your documents, which will be returned, you may need to wait for the offices to reopen. Use our Social Security Office Locator to find your local office address.

Visit our Social Security Number and Card web page for details on requesting a new, replacement or corrected Social Security card.

5. Deb Christmas

I have not received my covid 19 economic impact payment- My husband received his months ago. How can I look into this further?

Hi Deb, thank you for your question. Please visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more. If you are unable to find the answer, call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

6. Neva Mowles Henson

nevahenson152@icloud.com

I still haven’t received my stimulus check ? Can you not send it to me or my current bank that you send my Social Security check or mail to my address:
    1134 Douglas St. S E
    Ardmore,OK 73401
    I could really use to get groceries and pay my other payments.
    Neva

Hi Neva, thank you for your question. Please visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more. If you are unable to find the answer, call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

7. Lukas

I appreciate all of your hard work during these tough times… https://sandbox.zenodo.org/communities/best-laptops-under-1-lakh/about/ Thanks for keeping the masses updated on this information.

8. Priscilla E. Kills The Enemy

i did not get my stimus and i am a payee rep and i do have 4 children under age and i havent filed for taxes

Hi Priscilla. Please visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more. If you are unable to find the answer, call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

9. kathey brewer

trying to find out how to get the stemles money

Hi Kathey, thank you for your question. Please visit the IRS Economic Impact Payments Information Center to answer your questions about eligibility, payment amounts, what to expect, when to expect it and more. If you are unable to find the answer, call the IRS hotline at 1-800-919-9835. Thanks!

10. Colleen Patterson

Have not received my SSA DIB payment today

Hi Colleen, thank you for using our blog. The birthday of the person whose record they receive benefits under determines their payment date:
      Date of Birth Payment Day:
      1st through 10th Second Wednesday
      11th through 20th Third Wednesday
      21st through 31st Fourth Wednesday

Check out our Schedule of Social Security Payments for the current payment dates.