General, Online Services

Access Your New Social Security Statement Online

October 5, 2021 • By

Last Updated: October 12, 2021

We have exciting news to share: we’ve redesigned your Social Security Statement (Statement) to make it easier to find the information you need.

Who gets a Statement?

You will get a Statement if you are an adult who does not receive benefits. Your unique Statement gives estimates of future Social Security benefits that you and your family may receive each month along with a basic overview of the Social Security program. It also provides a record of your earnings history and other valuable information. Your future benefits are based on your earnings record, so it’s important to tell us when you see an error, so you can get it corrected and ensure you get all the benefits you earned. Your Statement explains how to report an error.

What’s New in the Statement?

The redesigned Statement is streamlined and written in plain language to make it easy to read, use, and understand. We’ve divided the information into sections, like different types of benefits, so you can easily find what you need. The new Statement provides a bar chart with your personalized retirement benefit estimates for up to nine different ages, depending on when you may want your benefits to start. This key information can help you make educated decisions about your financial future.

Fact sheets tailored to your age group and earnings situation accompany your online Statement. The fact sheets can help you better understand Social Security programs, benefits, and how they fit your situation. For example, for younger workers, we provide more information about how you can save for your future; for older workers, we explain how benefits may be taxed and how to avoid a Medicare penalty. We include links in the fact sheets for easier reference and additional information.

Our Social Security Statement web page has samples of the Statement, as well as copies of the new fact sheets (in English and Spanish). Please share these resources with your friends and family.

Get Your Personalized Statement Online Today

The best way to access your new Statement at any time is by using your personal my Social Security account. If you don’t have an account, be sure to create one today. Your account also lets you access other services online, such as requesting a replacement Social Security card and getting a letter proving you do not receive Social Security benefits.

Get started by signing in to or creating your my Social Security account today!

For a quick look at the redesigned Statement, visit our Social Security Statement web page and select “Sample Statement.” You’ll be able to open a sample PDF which you can download, save, or print.

To see your own, personalized Statement PDF, create or log in to your personal my Social Security account. There, you can print, save, or download your own Statement PDF to check your earnings record and personalized benefit estimates.

Your Social Security Statement

Darlynda Bogle, Acting Deputy Commissioner for Communications

Comments

1. ECONOMICS &.

Your online announcement gives you comfy and handy get admission to ECONOMICS & ACCOUNTING your income facts. It also suggests estimates for retirement, incapacity and survivors advantages you and your own family may be eligible for. To set up or use your account to get your online social safety declaration, go to sign up or create an account.

2. Alan W.

Thanks for this Article, it’s helped me lot.

• Marty

Did you get into the site? I’m stuck in some sort of loop. Can’t get in.

3. Evelyn G.

I am having a problem with my social security.
    I received a letter from social security saying that I was over paid. I received a second letter that I am under paid.
    Lastly they said that I am overpaid. I can not be over paid and underpaid under the same social security number. On I work under the same number.
    I never was giving a reason for my over payment or my under. I was told that would stop debit my payment.
    Three months ago I received a letter stating that two hundred dollars would be debit from my check,

• Vonda

For your security, Evelyn, we do not have access to private information in this venue. We ask that members in our Blog community work with our offices with specific questions. You can call us at 1-800-772-1213 for assistance or you can contact your local Social Security office. Please look for the general inquiry telephone number at the Social Security Office Locator. The number may appear under Show Additional Office Information.  Please be aware that our call wait times are longer than normal. We hope this information helps.

4. Robert T.

Hello, are you looking for extra money? Try paid surveys and other online jobs. All is easy and free.

5. Selim E.

I live outside the states and I can’t subscribe to my social security .
    Please advise how can I register
    Selim EL Hage

• Vonda

Thanks for the question, Selim. Unfortunately, at this time, you must have a U. S. mailing address to create or access your online account. The “my Social Security” authentication system requires address verification as one of the essential criteria for issuing an account. People with APO/FPO/DPO addresses can create an account overseas, but our system does not support registration and account creation for users with a foreign address yet.

6. Linda M.

I’m from Australia. How can I access my account?

• Vonda

Thanks for the question, Linda. At this time you must have a U. S. mailing address to create or access your online account. The “my Social Security” authentication system requires address verification as one of the essential criteria for issuing an account. People with APO/FPO/DPO addresses can create an account overseas, but our system does not support registration and account creation for users with a foreign address yet.

7. Automotive

Do you need Automotive and Sports & Outdoors consultation? Here is an Automotive and Sports & Outdoors consultant. If you need Automotive and Sports & Outdoors consultation then don’t forget to visit https://ridersmotion.com/

8. Douglas M.

I am an American citizen who lives in Scotland, how can I access my account ?

• Edward A.

Edward Ashley Lamb
      Le Vieux Presbytère
      48160 Saint Julien des Points
      FRANCE

• Vonda

Thanks for the question, Douglas. At this time you must have a U. S. mailing address to create or access your online account. The “my Social Security” authentication system requires address verification as one of the essential criteria for issuing an account. People with APO/FPO/DPO addresses can create an account overseas, but our system does not support registration and account creation for users with a foreign address yet.

9. Donald K.

I had been drawing SSI and my wife applied for and received her SS disability. This dropped my benefits by over $500 dollars a month. After contacting the Social Security Office I was told we were limited to $1500 +or – combined benefits. To get my benefits back to the original amount before my wife’s disability being approved I at age 64 I requested my Social Security Retirement my benefits went back to the original total.BUT at this same time my wife’s benefits were reduced by the same amount.
    Question why aren’t Both me and my wife allowed to recieve our total benefits is their a limited to the amount we can draw combined. Why is the limit surely it can’t be a total combined benefit of just over $1500 a month combined?

• Vonda

Hi Donald, thanks for using our blog. If you’re receiving Social Security disability (SSDI) benefits, which are based on average lifetime earnings, the amount of your wife’s benefits does not affect your benefit. However, if you’re receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits, a change in your household income can affect your benefits. This is because the amount of an SSI benefit is based, in part, on the income and resources available to the individual receiving SSI benefits and the income and resources of his or her spouse. Check out our Understanding SSI web page for additional details regarding income. We hope you find this information helpful.

10. Anupam G.

I am a recipient of SS retirement benefits. But, as I’m a non US persons since giving up my Green Card, about 30% of my gross benefit amount is deducted at source. On its site, SSA is giving a host of possible reasons for the deduction, one of which is unpaid US taxes. It would be very helpful if SSA would issue a certificate stating the specific reason for the deduction, so that I may show it to my local tax authorities for avoiding double taxation on the retirement income. consideration. Please consider this request for action on priority. Thinks.

• Vonda

Hi Anupam, thanks for using our blog. We recommend that individuals living outside the United States contact the nearest Federal Benefit Unit in the area for any assistance related to Social Security programs and benefits. Also, our Office of International Operations home page provides more information to assist our customers living abroad. We hope this helps.